Hacking R4iDS.com 2.0 PLUS

avenir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
r4ids.com normal kernel is fully compatible with ak2i.

I saw R4iDS.com 2.0 PLUS kernel.
After some investigation, I noticed it is a kind of Wood.

So I tried to launch it in my AK2i.

What I got was just white screens. Restating NDSL... white screen. So my AK2i was bricked now.
I tried to flash 3DSV3(ハローキティ) then 3DSV1(こてんこてんこ).
Strangely, こてんこてんこ said "データがよめませんでした", meaning save data error. So the DS card tried to launch actual instead of AK2i.

I noticed the DSLite side of bootstrap is broken. 1.4.1 updater returns "Acekard 2i" banner to NDSL, so I flashed it to ak2i. unbricked...

summary:
1. never try R4iDS.com 2.0 PLUS kernel on AK2i. Perhaps they added Wood command in latest firmware.
2. if you get white screens on NDSL, try to flash AK2i using 141, 3dsv1, 3dsv2, 3ds21 updater successively.

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
R4iDS.com kernel is a hacked version of AKAIO and has nothing to do with Wood. www.r4ids.cn/www.r4idsn.com is Wood.

You should never use anything other than the real version of AKAIO and AceKard updates from www.acekard.com

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
this card is an r4 ultra clone which is a clone of the actel chipped ak2i. the r4 ultra was designed, sold, and supported by team acekard. akaio had a 1-off build for it by request of team acekard. getting wood to work on the 2i is pretty simple. i have an official unreleased version from YWG. it would be pretty easy for anyone to take the old wood source and get it working on the 2i. i suspect this is what they did or they hacked/cracked the 1-off build.

-another world

avenir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
getting wood to work on the 2i is pretty simple.

i have an official unreleased version from YWG.
1. yes... but this PLUS kernel is something different. perhaps.
2. oh...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass