Hacking R4i3DS Freezing Issues

Kiichin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello, people of gbatemp! I got a 3DS two days ago and bought as well a R4i3DS so I could play something while I wait for the release of the new Pokémon games but I think that something went wrong. I have a friend wo uses the this same flashcard who helped me to upgrade the firmware and the kernel of the card to it latest release but I'm suffering from several freezing issues when I try to play my games. Some, like Pokémon Black/White 1 and 2 will freeze at any moment while some other games seems to run fine with some rare cases of freezing too. I've spent some hours of those last days reading stuff in this forums but I still couldn't figure the solution. At first I thought it could be uSD (one from ADATA) but I tried eevery other one that I had at my disposal like from Kingston's, Sandisc and others but the freezing still occurs.

Thanks in advance, guys.

Kiichin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
did you used a high speed micro sd?
Yes, I think so. I've tried 4 micro SD. Kingston Micro SDHC 8gb(1226PV7397P), Adata Micro SDHC 4gb Class 4, Micro SD 2GB (SO-C026 Taiwan) and lastly SanDisk Micro SD 2GB and got no success or saw no major improvment between any of them.

Thanks for the reply.

Kiichin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
can you compare the card with your friend? so you can check if he also have that problem...
Sadly, no. When I said that he helped me it was giving me instructions trough Skype because we don't even live close and I do not know someone around to do this test.

And oh, when I tried to uptade the R4 in the first time it said that it were already updated and I've read that trying to update a R4 that is already updated could cause problems, is that true?

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Sadly, no. When I said that he helped me it was giving me instructions trough Skype because we don't even live close and I do not know someone around to do this test.

And oh, when I tried to uptade the R4 in the first time it said that it were already updated and I've read that trying to update a R4 that is already updated could cause problems, is that true?

i don't think so, if it says it was already updated, probably it doesn't update at all..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzmdrobXH34