Hacking R4i3ds Brick?

wiitard119

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello while i was updating my R4ids.cn 3DS card with the new 2.20 update thing, my dslite has shut off and ever since then my DSlite nor my 3DS recognize the R4i3ds.
Also If I stick the card into my 3DS, the whole 3DS freezes upon doing so. What can I do to fix this?
How do i flash the 3ds since i have used my older first gen R4 to try and do the update.nds thing but the update.nds wont recognize my 3ds at all as well..
please help. Thank you for taking your time if anyone helps me

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I believe the updater from that website offers you to swap the flashcart before the update process. If so, you can use another flashcart that is working, run the updater on the other flashcart, swap the flashcart to your bricked r4i gold 3ds when prompted to do so (without turning the power off), and reflash your cart. This should fix it.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow the OP is hardly understandable. Reword the last two lines of the post because that will affect the answer. If you're saying you did what s4mid4re said then you're screwed if it didn't un-brick. If you didn't do what s4mid4re said then you need to do it...he's right.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you swap the cards after you start the update? Do you have the correct update file on the old R4? Let's walk through this process. So, once you launch the update file you are taking the "old R4 card" out of the DS and then inserting the "bad" card (r4i 3ds) before pressing the "A" button to start the actual boot loader update, right? After that are you saying that a message pops up saying the card isn't recognized? Or does something different pop up? What kind of error? The more detailed you are with explaining the problem the higher the quality of help I can provide.

wiitard119

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry for the late reply.
I think i have the correct update file and yes i switched the good r4 and the bad r4 before updating.
however when i press "A" to update; the card check says "FAIL"
Note:when i also stick in the "bad" r43ds the 3ds freezes upon doing so making me forcefully shut down the 3ds
by holding the power button for 10 seconds.
It seems as if it bricked honestly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: man that was some good Chinese takeout