R4i Skins - Getting to work?

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Notyalc, Aug 22, 2009.

Aug 22, 2009

R4i Skins - Getting to work? by Notyalc at 4:45 PM (1,174 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Notyalc
    OP

Member Notyalc GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Hello all.

Right, I'll be straight to the point here, my beloved R4i still holds a few problems for me.

My biggest problem is that I can't get r4i skins to work very well...

I've found that (from looking at a few downloaded skins' file names & stuff) that the different pictures have to be renamed things like 'Tscreen' (For Top Screen on Main Menu), 'BottomInit' (For bottom screen with the icons on the main menu) & 'BottomScreen' (Which is on the bottom screen & sometimes top screen on the ROMs Menu)

Sadly I'm missing the little images for the ticked boxes for cheats & buttons that're used for things like languages & other settings.

So, is there someting I'm completely missing, or what?

I'd like to point out that this is an R4i SDHC & that skins wont work at all without me changing the file names of the different pictures.

SO my big questions.

- How do I get the skins to work properly using all the images?

- How do I get the other images to work on it, for the cheat icons etc.?

2. injected11

Member injected11 Crescent Freshâ„¢

United States
    To make my own skin, I took one of the pre-existing skin folders and copied it to my desktop, then re-numbered it (my R4i-SDHC had 6 default skin choices, so I named mine 7). By doing this, you have all the cheat box icons and such, because you took them from an already working skin. I went and found the images I wanted to use, saved them as bitmaps, made any changes I wanted to make with GIMP, and renamed them to replace the existing screens in the folder. Plug it in, go to the config menu, and pick your new skin.

3. Notyalc
    OP

Member Notyalc GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Wow, I've not thought of doing that at all!

That's brilliant!

Thanks so VEry Much!

THis should do me fine now!

Thank You Numerous Times!