Hacking R4i SDHC

Digitalman01010

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First starters, please bear with me, I'm not used to the DSi (This unit belongs to my girlfriend) let alone much about the R4i. =(

Her DSi has been updated with Nintendo's new 1.4 firmware, and needless to say, bricked her R4i. I'm trying to get it working for her.

I understand there's some talk about not being able to update the flashcard, but she noticed today on the www.r4i.cn site (where she purchaced the card) that a new firmware was released that says it will work with the new 1.4 Nintendo firmware.

We took the file (r4iUp_1.nds) and loaded it to the Micro SDHC card, slid that into the R4i, and powered on the device. However, launching the actual R4i in the Nintendo menu gives us the same error message as before.

I've tried searching the forums for any clear cut status on this issue, but I'm not sure exactly if this has been resolved or if the community is still waiting for a fix.

However, since r4i.cn has released a new firmware that says it's compatable, I'm guessing that there is some way the card can be updated.

If any of you can point me in the right direction or update me on the current status of this version of the R4i, that would be great!

Thanks in advance!

Digitalman01010

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
elixir,

Thanks for the quick reply. I don't have another DSi, but I do have a friend with a DS. Would that work for updating the R4i? Or do In have to find a DSi without the 1.4 firmware?

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
Digitalman01010 said:
elixir,

Thanks for the quick reply. I don't have another DSi, but I do have a friend with a DS. Would that work for updating the R4i? Or do In have to find a DSi without the 1.4 firmware?

you can use your friend's DSL to flash it
smile.gif

just put the .nds file into the root of the folder and execute the .nds file

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, I heard herbert stopped appearing on the show