Hacking R4i-SDHC team

nick0812

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Im fairly new to all this and my daughter unfortunately bricked her new DSI with the 1.4 firmware update. I have been monitoring for two weeks now and seems that everyone except the R4i-SDHC Upgrade (red) cart is now updatable. Is this normally the case with the R4I-SDHC team. Always the last to make new software available??

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Counterfeit R4 cards and their support teams come and go. There is no guarantee that any one of them will be updated at all. There MAY be an update but it would be no surprise to anyone here if support for the card dried up completely like so many fake R4 cards before it.

Worry not though, there will always be newer, 'upgraded' version of R4 carts released for woefully ill-informed R4 fanboys to waste their money on.

Or... you could buy a legitimate, non-clone DS flashcard manufactured by a more reputable company that has already proven itself with continuous updates.

nick0812

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thats the problem, I was supplied the R4i pre loaded and didnt know when I set it up for my daughter even what a clone was. I must say that since following this forum I am far more up together but which cart would you personally suggest

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
i still give them the benefit of the doubt
they might eventually release an update for it
when? we won't know
they might not even release any update

if you do intend to get a new kart
just consider what niu recommended to you

Leonidas

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
R4i-SDHC is a DSTTi clone, and as far as I know, these don't have an updatable bootloader. So it may be bricked for good by 1.4. At least until other bypasses are found. Right now the only cards that work on 1.4 are Acekard 2i (+ one lucky clone), Ez-Flash Vi and M3i Zero.

jbach44

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i also have the R4i-SDHC (red box) but ordered an M3Zero, got tired of waiting.

I tried my R41 in a DSL and it just goes to a white screen (this is since the 1.4 update of my DSi, before that it worked correctly)

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jbach44 said:
i also have the R4i-SDHC (red box) but ordered an M3Zero, got tired of waiting.

I tried my R41 in a DSL and it just goes to a white screen (this is since the 1.4 update of my DSi, before that it worked correctly)
It should work on the DSL just fine. If it's going to a white screen, I'm guessing you didn't set something up right or corrupted your card.

jbach44

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
injected11 said:
Updating to 1.4 doesn't corrupt the card though. It just gives an error, turn off system message when you try to load it.

what do u mean turn off system message?

jbach44

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
injected11 said:
The black screen that appears and says an error has occured, power off the system...

ok, and how do you turn off that message? I have turned the DSi off when that message came on, but when I try the R4i in a DSlite, it just shows a white screen

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You don't turn off that message. You get a cart that can bypass 1.4. The cart should work just fine in the DS Lite, and it doesn't which leads me to believe it's user error. Format it and try fresh firmware.

jbach44

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
injected11 said:
You don't turn off that message. You get a cart that can bypass 1.4. The cart should work just fine in the DS Lite, and it doesn't which leads me to believe it's user error. Format it and try fresh firmware.

ok, it's not user error, I removed the memory card, now normally, the R4i would show a white screen, with a red icon that shows that you need a mem card inserted, but instead it just shows a blank screen (tjis is when inserted into a DS lite)

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just removed the memory card from mine and tried, and was shown a blue icon saying NO CARD. Sounds like your card is just plain dead, but it wasn't done by updating to 1.4.

jbach44

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
injected11 said:
Just removed the memory card from mine and tried, and was shown a blue icon saying NO CARD. Sounds like your card is just plain dead, but it wasn't done by updating to 1.4.

well it is possable it died, just strange it worked fine til right before I did the update (worked fine, did update, now no longer works, I get the system message and the icon on my DSi, but in a DSlite I get nothing)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay