r4i-sdhc sav. file merging problem

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Spokenbrawler13, Apr 7, 2011.

Apr 7, 2011
  1. Spokenbrawler13
    OP

Newcomer Spokenbrawler13 Member

Canada
    Ok this is my first time here i will try to do my my best to explain my problem.

I dont know why but when i delete a sav. file from my sd card along with the game i dont want to play anymore,another game get its sav. file resarted but i dont delete it! Here is an example:

On my sd card i have Mario party ds and Need for Speed underground 2. i dont want to play need for speed anymore so i delete the rom and sav. file.
    later i feel like playing mario party ds but it starts all over just like if it was the first time i played it. when i select mario party ds on my r4i it doesnt say
    ''creating save file'' its like if the sav. file get merged together.i have to start all over with mario party ds.

it does that with all my games! its getting very frustrating.
    PLZ HELP!!

2. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    Weird - never seen anything like that before... but just to help us 'tempers out, just a few more details MIGHT help
    Someone else might've had something like this before

Are you deleting through the flashcard menu (some flashcards have to feature of copy/paste/delete etc - since I don't know the r4i-sdhc card at all I don't know if that has these options) or deleting them through your PC ?

What OS on the PC are you using ?

Does it only happen with files that are 'next to each other' in the filelist??
    - you used 'Mario' and 'Need for speed' in your example, were these two games next to one another or was there a game in between them, & if so was THAT affected as well ??

What about the memory card ?? - what make/size/speed is it ??
    Have you tried reformatting it with the 'Panasonic formatter' yet ?? - you MIGHT have a corrupt sector on the card that's throwing it all out

3. bashscrazy

Member bashscrazy GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    DISREGARD THIS POST...

Didn't read it properly..

4. Spokenbrawler13
    OP

Canada
    I am deleting using my vista pc.
    it does that with any game not regarding the position of the file.
    my micro sd is 4gb FAT 32.

Also my example was just an example but it might happen with any game.

5. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    Totally weird !!!

So - if I understand right you may have a list like
    Code:
    Arkanoid
    Bomberman
    Cooking Mama
    :
    :
    Xenon
    Zelda
    And you delete Xenon.nds and Xenon.sav - and you find that Bomberman is affected ??...

Do any other games get affected at the same time - or just the one game ??

If it's just the one game - I would hazard a guess that it's corruption on the memory card somewhere & there's an 'overlap' of SAV data in one block - when you delete the SAV you also affect the backend of the other SAV file.
    Since that one is altered & not recognised, (but it does exist) - that's could be why you don't see 'creating new sav' when starting the game

So I would suggest backing up the card - reformatting using the Panasonic Formatter (You might need to do a 'FULL' format & not a 'Quick' one)
    - I'll also suggest NOT using Windows to format the card, there's reports that Windows don't follow the 'correct guidelines' for Memory card formatting

Have you tried deleting JUST the NDS file & seeing if the other games SAV are still affected as well ???

6. Spokenbrawler13
    OP

Canada
    Thanks for the tips! [​IMG] I will try your recomendations,and come back with answers.