Hacking R4I SDHC Not Working on 3DS

Sodajet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an R4I SDHC 3DS WI-FI (No RTS). I am trying to use it on the latest 3DS firmware version ( 8.1.0-19U), but everytime I try to boot it up, I get "An Error has Occured. Please turn off the system". I'm using the latest firmware from the website, http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/. Can anyone help me? (I do not have anything but my 3DS).

Shadowhunta

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You might be using the latest firmware, but have you updated the kernel? I believe you may have to do this using an old DS since you've updated your 3DS.
Also what image is present when you insert the R4?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
You might be using the latest firmware, but have you updated the kernel? I believe you may have to do this using an old DS since you've updated your 3DS.
Also what image is present when you insert the R4?
The kernel is not what determines 3DS compatibility, he needs to update the firmware on the actual cart.
But, more often than not, these companies will release an entirely new cartridge instead of updating the old one, so chances are there's no update for it.

Shadowhunta

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The kernel is not what determines 3DS compatibility, he needs to update the firmware on the actual cart.
But, more often than not, these companies will release an entirely new cartridge instead of updating the old one, so chances are there's no update for it.
Hmm, fair point, I thought the kernel update was necessary also, that's why I asked what icon is shown when he inserts the R4 as this helps to determine compatibility.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I have an R4I SDHC 3DS WI-FI (No RTS). I am trying to use it on the latest 3DS firmware version ( 8.1.0-19U), but everytime I try to boot it up, I get "An Error has Occured. Please turn off the system". I'm using the latest firmware from the website, http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/. Can anyone help me? (I do not have anything but my 3DS).

get a DSTWO, enough of R4 blocked clones!

Sodajet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I get this image.
attachment.php
]

I've only downloaded the kernel from the website, and copied it on to the SD card. If I use a DSI XL, should I be able to upgrade the firmware on the chip so it can work on my 3DS? Also, will the DSI XL need to be connected to Wi-Fi to do this? (I have a Wi-Fi chip)

r4i-sdhc-3ds-core.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast