R4i sdhc Dual Core (white)

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Czin, Sep 2, 2011.

Sep 2, 2011

R4i sdhc Dual Core (white) by Czin at 2:19 AM (1,710 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Czin
    OP

Newcomer Czin Newbie

Portugal
    Hi, I did a search through the forum and didn't find anything helpful about my problem.

I have a R4i sdhc Dual core ( also referred to as white on product comparison on website r4isdhc.com) It ran fine most games fine, until I tried a more recent one. I went to their website and downloaded files for version 1.42, which I thought was the most recent.

After that, I ran the "patch" (or what I presume was the patch acording to the instructions they gave) and it upgraded fine, in a black screen like the old MSDOS. After it ended it was needed to restart the console, which turned off by itself. I turned it on and no longer was there the Sponge Bob icon, instead it said there wasn't any DS game cartridge in. I thought the problem might have been the version on my DSi wasn't supported by the cards new version so i updated it through the System managment or whatever. Still not working.

I have lost hope of finding the answer on my own, so here I am posting about it.

Any help is apreciated.

2. NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU

Member NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU Now with extra redundancy!

Australia
    Looks like you bricked your card. And you definitely shouldn't have updated your DSi. Either ref lash it with another card on a DSi, or get an Acekard 2i.

3. Czin
    OP

Newcomer Czin Newbie

Portugal
    Thank you for the reply, I'll try and get an Acekard 2i then.

4. NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU

Member NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU Now with extra redundancy!

Australia
    Don't overpay though (keepit under $15) I would recommend getting one for US$11.50 from zhuzhuchina. And if you've got a little spre cash you could get a SuperCard DSTwo, about US$35. (And if you've got a DSLite you could get an original R4, they're like $2.)