R4i-SDHC 3DS card question

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by darthvadr, Jun 28, 2012.

Jun 28, 2012

R4i-SDHC 3DS card question by darthvadr at 5:14 AM (820 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. darthvadr
    OP

Newcomer darthvadr Newbie

United States
    I just bought this a couple days ago for use in my 3DS. I somehow updated my 3DS to 4.2.0-9 and now the cart is blocked for use on my 3DS. My question is, can I use this 3DS compatible card in my DSi XL while I wait for new firmware for my 3DS unit?

It looks like the DSi carts are specific to the console, but I've read a few things that look like this 3DS cart might be able to do both??

Just a bit confused is all. I don't care about GBA support, cheats, etc. So the R4 was an easy choice (having owned 2 in the past and familiar with them)

Should I consider a different cart for my DSi XL? Not sure which is best these days on supporting the widest range of games with quick firmware updates

Thanks in advance for info!

2. LurkerA

Member LurkerA ㊣New3DS

United States
    See here: http://gbatemp.net/topic/322884-which-flash-cart-should-i-get-poll/
    Just go for R4i Gold 3DS (www.r4ids.cn Wood supported) if you need a R4 card, that's the best choice..

3. darthvadr
    OP

Newcomer darthvadr Newbie

United States
    So this R4i Gold 3DS cart will work with a 3DS & a DSi unit? Making sure compatible with both devices...

4. Pong20302000

Member Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Japan
    http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/
    always check the website for your card before you update consoles

5. Clydefrosch

Member Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Germany
    The sdhc one can be used on all ds's

But only if you dont update them to the latest firmwares whenever nintendo sends out new ones.

You'd need a dslite or phat to update your r4 card

6. FireGrey

Member FireGrey Undercover Admin

Australia
    if people were to go for an educated choice then you shouldn't suggest to them to buy an R4.
    The Acekard 2i and Supercard DS2 function similar to the R4, just better...
    Plus the R4i Gold isn't much of an improvement over the SDHC card.

7. tranfeer

Member tranfeer GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Austria
    FireGrey, in fact, r4i gold(r4ids.cn) metioned here does better than ak2i when coming to releasing patches for the new system version.R4i Gold always released it's patch within 24 hours.You can read some threads on it on this forum.

8. LurkerA

Member LurkerA ㊣New3DS

United States

In my opinion, R4i Gold 3DS card is not only better than AK2i and DS2 in quality and faster updating support, but the most important thing, it's much more cheaper than both of them. Anyway, the fact speaks for everything!

9. LurkerA

Member LurkerA ㊣New3DS

United States
    Yes, R4i Gold 3DS cart works well for both consoles (with the newest system version 3DS V4.2.0-9 and DSi V1.44).