R4i-Sdhc 1.51b Cart Problems

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Garchomp, Jan 11, 2012.

Jan 11, 2012

R4i-Sdhc 1.51b Cart Problems by Garchomp at 12:30 AM (1,045 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Garchomp
    OP

Member Garchomp GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I just recently found my old card lying around in my cabinet and decided to try and start playing it again, but I'm having problems.

I just formatted it with the recommended Panasonic formatter, doing the full format on a 2GB Micro SD.

I got the latest firmware, 1.51b, which works with the latest DSi update.

I put my Games folder with the games I wanted in the root directory.

I started up my DSi, pressed the game icon to turn on the R4i, and I keep getting this error message; "An error has occured. Press and hold the power button to turn the system off. Please see the Nintendo DSi Operations Manual for help troubleshooting."

I've tried putting alcohol on the contacts in my 2 year old DSi, and my 2(approx) year old R4i Card, and nothing has helped.

2. Luigi2012SM64DS

Banned Luigi2012SM64DS G-old member

Canada
    look at your status gbatemp regeular are you serous? if you are then which r4 do you have r4-sdhc or r4i-sdhc 1.4. if so your screwed

3. Pong20302000

Member Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Japan
    r4i-sdhc i assume from firmware version

it means you DSi have been updated but you flashcard is not available to work

depending on teh flashcard from the R4i-SDHC you might be able to update to get it working
    (labled 1.4.1 or above on it if you can)

4. Garchomp
    OP

United States
    I have 1.4 written on mine....does that mean i should just go buy another card?

5. jimmyemunoz

Member jimmyemunoz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    someone said they updated their 1.4 from www.r4i-sdhc.com just the other day Pong and, of course Garchomp. You need the 1.51b firmware but make sure you grab the download from below the update instructions, the second box of downloads....where it shows a slideshow of carts with one being a picture of your cart. And of course, you need to get your hands on a DS Lite for 3 minutes. And your cart will be compatible with 1.4.3 firmware.

**Update** R4i-sdhc website say 1.4 card can be updated to 1.4.3 (use this info for future reference)

6. Garchomp
    OP

United States
    Alright thanks jimmy, I'll probably go buy an acekard since my Supercard messed all up and I dont want to buy anymore expensive flashcarts. But ill try to run my R4i on that firmware.

7. Garchomp
    OP

United States
    I saw that....hmmmm Im gonna format and retry this, thank you

8. jimmyemunoz

Member jimmyemunoz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    no problem. All you need is a DS Lite and 3 minutes :D

9. Garchomp
    OP

United States
    One more question (since i cant get my hands on a DS Lite tonight), after i boot it up on my DS Lite it will work on a DSi, right? Just making sure.