Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got my acceptance email as well, can't wait to get and review it XD

I wonder, since this is flashable, if there is/will be a way to use this to dump entire DS cartridges (and potentially, in the future, 3DS ones)
You know, I had that very thought in my head too.

If this gains widespread support or if the R4i-sdhc team maintains it, I would imagine this could be possible. I've never had anything like this or an NDS Adapter(Plus) before so I am not sure what would be needed hardware wise. But put card in, read data from it, and you have a save. How much more is needed to dump an entire game?

"Upgradeable dongle firmware through USB for support new games and new features." I mean they already covered support for new games by blatantly stating "support new games", you have to wonder what "new features" could be. :unsure:

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
No confirmation email here. I suppose that I am out of luck :( No wait, they're out of luck since I write for one of the biggest Dutch gaming sites :moogle:
Indeed, I visit N1ntendo.nl almost everyday for the news and reviews.

But I just got my mail this morning. And he sure got a lot of greedy people (lets be honest here :P ) mailing him so it might take a while.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Well guys i dont think im getting one but here is the software

r4idonglesoftware.jpg

on the left you can see the transfer program (v1.0)
seems to be a few graphical bugs there but looking into it the software should do the job
(its not open twice that how it displays with a second bar at the bottom)

on the right is the firmware updater (v1.0)
again seems to do the job but has no bugs that i can see
runs in languages Chinese and English
just download the firmware
select the Bin firmware files and away it goes

hopefully this could be promising for future development

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
What the hell is xxNathanxx's problem, Is he mad cause he didn't get a save dongle or something? Theres no need to curse out random people you see on a online forum.
Judging by the way most people reply here, they're just in it for the 'free' aspect. Someone who planned on writing a review about it all along actually will mention this in some way. Those who just want a free sample basically say "omg free stuff yay" and will never write a review about it. They're disgusting. Granted, I didn't mention anywhere that I am going to review the product, but those who know who I am (i.e., the only ones who should) know that I will do so. I have an honour to uphold, in stark contrast to certain others.

Oh well.

EDIT: lol, 20% warn.
Yeah it's pretty terrible that people are just in it to get free stuff.
The reason I'm getting it is cause I help out people a lot at the site that is doing this and I want to be able to help people use it.
Oh and there will be a rediculous amount of quick reviews done on GBAtemp.
I was actually intending on writing a review before it asked to write a review.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'll get one too, very nice.
Got to agree that getting something for free is pretty nice. And I'm pretty desperately entering about a dozen daily competitions/raffles/however you call it for the chance to upgrade my christmas experience just a little bit, so I'm pretty happy right now.
Of course, I'll write my review too. But mostly I'm happy to be able to replay some games now ^^

Pong20302000

Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
What the hell is xxNathanxx's problem, Is he mad cause he didn't get a save dongle or something? Theres no need to curse out random people you see on a online forum.
Judging by the way most people reply here, they're just in it for the 'free' aspect. Someone who planned on writing a review about it all along actually will mention this in some way. Those who just want a free sample basically say "omg free stuff yay" and will never write a review about it. They're disgusting. Granted, I didn't mention anywhere that I am going to review the product, but those who know who I am (i.e., the only ones who should) know that I will do so. I have an honour to uphold, in stark contrast to certain others.

Oh well.

EDIT: lol, 20% warn.
Yeah it's pretty terrible that people are just in it to get free stuff.
The reason I'm getting it is cause I help out people a lot at the site that is doing this and I want to be able to help people use it.
Oh and there will be a rediculous amount of quick reviews done on GBAtemp.
I was actually intending on writing a review before it asked to write a review.

yea i know its a shame but its what people are like

anyone have any clue where i could buy one of these tho?
would ve sent to UK

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Ok I check the List and I am the 45th on it :)
It says it just departed from Hong Kong around 10 hours ago, so it looks like im going to get mine soon :D
I can't wait to try it out.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
you'd think so.
im pretty sure this one is actually all about publicity and building a save archive.
if they get at least half the people to submit saves of their games, they will have an impressive library which will raise the value of this save dongle. people might spread word about it on facebook and other networks (like yay i won this free thing :D) obviously, most people that get one will be part of some kind of gaming community where the product might be mentioned too.

and just think about it, as long as it does what its promised, they are guaranteed to get positive reviews as well (which they then will copy to the review pages of online shops selling this dongle), which is always helpful

its not the worst idea to pay shipping for 300 people if they get saves and reviews.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
for everyone wondering, you should expect to have to wait for 12-24 hours before you get any response. they're probably being flodded right now and they need to read up till your mails.

my acceptance mail arrived exactly 12 hours after i send my application mail, so dont give up

Quincy

Your own personal guitarist :3
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wooo! I got the confirmation email! And I just heard from my mom that she also signed up and got one :| I guess I'll be giving one out later on :lol:

Pong20302000

Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Wooo! I got the confirmation email! And I just heard from my mom that she also signed up and got one :| I guess I'll be giving one out later on :lol:
lol you should use it as your own tempmas prize and have a competition

as no one new posted have to edit
le sigh

well the saves dumped are indeed dumped well
(even the new mario 3d land)

all the data in encrpyted but can edited if older than super mario 3D land (dam Nintendo for changing encryption)

with many games it will be a trade your saves and woosh done
but im sure people will want to edit there save files also

i noticed with the Super Street Fighter save dump it actually contains 4 mini .sav files LOL
progress.sav
figure,sav
injustic.sav
system.sav

meaning maybe we can edit saves easyier than we thought
say we have a complete 100% .sav
we could possible just pull the figure.sav from the complete and place it into our saves
keeping all our other info and just allowing people to complete collectables in game
saves appear to be region locked but eh its a start
im sure some parts will still cross regions

just thought id share what ive found out

loco365

Trophies
XP
It says it just departed from Hong Kong around 10 hours ago, so it looks like im going to get mine soon :D
I'm not even on it yet D:
I also got approved.

I have a feeling that there are going to be 60+ reviews of this thing at GBATemp.
Why not make a thread where all of them can go, then we vote on the best one?

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I'm not even on it yet D:
I was accepted pretty early.
You will appear soon, only about 50/300 have been put on the list.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4