Hacking R4i Save Dongle

xxNathanxx

Trophies
XP
Country
New Caledonia
Got the approval e-mail, but no way in hell I'd give them my phone number. They don't need it to contact me.
So I just sent them the other information, omitting the phone number and saying "You don't need my phone number to contact me."
There's no harm whatsoever in giving them your phone number. Really, you've already told them your name and the exact location where you live, what more harm could they possibly cause you by having your phone number than they could by having your name and address?

ficarra1002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got the approval e-mail, but no way in hell I'd give them my phone number. They don't need it to contact me.
So I just sent them the other information, omitting the phone number and saying "You don't need my phone number to contact me."
So, you feel safe giving away your address, but oh god, if someone finds your phone number...!
Paranoid/drama much?

D

Deleted-236924

So, you feel safe giving away your address, but oh god, if someone finds your phone number...!
Paranoid/drama much?
I'm giving them the basic information they need to send me the save dongle and contact me afterwards.
I will not give out any unnecessary information.

D

Deleted_171835

Paranoid/drama much?
I'm giving them the basic information they need to send me the save dongle and contact me afterwards.
If they already got your address and name, a phone number won't do shit.

Reactions: 1 person
D

Deleted-236924

Paranoid/drama much?
Who said I cared?
I give out the information I'm willing to give out.

ficarra1002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Paranoid/drama much?
Who said I cared?
If your number is/has ever been listed in a phonebook, they easily could have it now, with name and address.

D

Deleted-236924

Paranoid/drama much?
Who said I cared?
If your number is/has ever been listed in a phonebook, they easily could have it now, with name and address.
They cannot, since my name is only associated with my mobile.
But then there's the address.

Since I don't want to get contacted by phone, it'd make no sense for me to directly give them my number just "because they'd be able to find it anyway."

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Paranoid/drama much?
Who said I cared?
They cannot, since my name is only associated with my mobile.
But then there's the address.

Since I don't want to get contacted by phone, it'd make no sense for me to directly give them my number just "because they'd be able to find it anyway."

Can't you people just accept the fact he doesn't wanna be contacted by phone? Jesus.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
usually, i dont like to share my phone numbers for these kind of winning games either, but seriously, if they want to spend like 10 bucks a minute to reach me, let them, what harm could it possibly do?

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

they already know where you live now. You're more afraid of them calling you to death than you are of them flying from China and knocking on your door?

D

Deleted-236924

flying from China
Yup. Spend hundreds of dollars for no real reason.
Many other human beings already have my address due to my step-father having bought stuff on eBay in the past.
Not including other online stores.

And if you had some sort of reading ability, you would have noticed I didn't say "I don't want to be called to death", but merely "I prefer not to be contacted by phone."

vmurp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those of you concerned about giving them your phone number...it's for delivery purposes. Sometimes the label on a package can become partially illegible (smudged or scraped), and if UPS or EMS (or whatever) has your phone#, they can call to confirm the correct address. This happened to me once and UPS called me. I was extremely grateful I had included my number, otherwise my package would never have arrived.

Also, to the people who keep saying that the "NDS Adapter Plus" does the same thing...no it does not. The NDS Adapter+ does not support 3DS games, only NDS.

For 3DS games, this device device could be worth it's weight in gold just for the ability to overwrite the "permanent" saves in those Capcom and Namco titles (ie: Resident Evil and Pac-Man & Galaga Dimensions). The SaveDongle could prove to be very valuable if developers continue to use that hideous feature in future games.

And if someone eventually cracks the 3DS and we're able to play 3DS roms on a flashcart, I'll be very grateful to be able to grab the saves off my retail carts to transfer to my flashcart.

D

Deleted-236924

And if someone eventually cracks the 3DS and we're able to play 3DS roms on a flashcart, I'll be very grateful to be able to grab the saves off my retail carts to transfer to my flashcart.
Chances are, if the 3DS gets hacked, we'll have access to the SD card.
From here, we could install homebrew onto the 3DS, which would serve to copy the save data from slot-1 to the SD card.

You're right when you say it can be used for delivery purposes, but it doesn't really matter to me in that situation, since I have not paid anything to get that package.
(Besides, I have a 3in1 + savegame_manager, which does the trick when I need to backup/restore any DS game save.)

vmurp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chances are, if the 3DS gets hacked, we'll have access to the SD card.
From here, we could install homebrew onto the 3DS, which would serve to copy the save data from slot-1 to the SD card.
But the device would allow us to restore the save data BACK to the original retail cart.

(Besides, I have a 3in1 + savegame_manager, which does the trick when I need to backup/restore any DS game save.)
But it can't restore 3DS saves. You're not thinking ahead. Right now you may only have a couple of 3DS games, but later down the road you might end up having more 3DS games than regular DS games. Sure we can always buy one then, but why pay money later if we can get one for free now?

btw, I know you're already getting one. That comment was directed toward the people who were saying they didn't feel they needed one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30