R4i RTS cheats

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by mijuu, Feb 6, 2010.

Feb 6, 2010

R4i RTS cheats by mijuu at 11:18 PM (1,752 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. mijuu
    OP

Member mijuu GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Apparently action replay cheats don’t scroll,

I have found the usrcheats.dat on the firmware but don’t understand what to do with it to enable cheats, I have thus so far only managed to get cheats where they have come incorporated into the rom, and most of these don’t even work, is there anyway I can manually add cheats to the cart and get the ones already existing to work, is there a way to patch the ROMs to add cheats? I don’t understand how to add them, is there a way to fix the scrolling and selection problem with this card. I have tried installing ysmenu to bypass this problem but all that did was give me a headache, please can anyone help me?

2. rastsan

Member rastsan 8 baller, Death Wizard

Canada
    Why bother with Ys menu the r4 menu works just fine.
    To edit the usercheat.dat file use r4cce (google it)
    with it you can add delete enable disable codes for the games...
    careful though you have to have the right game ids or it might not recognize that there are cheats for the game regardless of wether you have them enabled or disabled.
    You would also do well to go to the forums on the same website you get the firmware for the R4i rts last one that I am using is the 1.58 (google it or www.r4irts. something i forget the last part)
    cause it tells you how to activate and all that other stuff.

more questions post again

sorry not going to help you with the ysmenu thing (don't think i need too) and besides you can look it up the faq seems pretty straght forward unless you have the wrong version firmware in the firstplace (hmm)

3. mijuu
    OP

Member mijuu GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    aye i sussed it out via google not long after posting,still appreciated though matey , thanks. Not bothering with ysmenu i just remember reading that r4 has problems with scrolling through the cheats, this r4 however works fine.

4. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    did you activate the cheats?