Hacking R4i(red box) does not recognize new games added

bach3609

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
All right guys, I used a R4i-sdhc(red box) Awhile back, and just recently have been having problems with it(don't really use it anymore, just trying to find the cause). Ok, I added pokemon mystery dungeon, the newest one, like 4,200th release(around there) and ran it. Works fine, then i tried adding a few new games to the micro SD(it works fine, btw). Then I put in the R4i, put it in the DS, and booted up the card. All right, The firmware boots up fine, and then i go to the games section. Boom, it does not detect The new games, however whenever you put a new game on it, It has a progress bar that increases that tells you it detects something new that was added to the card, so that is good.

However the r4i(red box) cannot see the game in the games menu. I then tried adding NEW recent ones to it, and no luck. Turns out the team also dropped firmware support for the V1.3 and lower cards, now they only update the firmware for the V1.4 >.>. But yea.
Right now I am trying to find out a possible cause to this, because all the other games on the thing run fine, could it be NINTENDO's new anti flashcard routine?(MIND that these are backup games).COULD it be because the firmware can not detect these new games? Help would be appreciated.

Eloweasel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hm. You're definitely downloading your firmware from the site that comes on your box?
Honestly, I can't think of anything other than browsing the FAQs and whatnot, but are you pressing that 'Safely Remove Disk' thing on your starttoolbar?

bach3609

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Eloweasel said:
Hm. You're definitely downloading your firmware from the site that comes on your box?
Honestly, I can't think of anything other than browsing the FAQs and whatnot, but are you pressing that 'Safely Remove Disk' thing on your starttoolbar?
Yep that is what i did, and it is the correct firmware.

bach3609

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
injected11 said:
Same thing happened to me the first time I put the new KH on mine. Formatting the microSD fixed it.
Thanks for the answer. I'm guessing the micro SD file system for that micro SD was corrupted by the cheap micro sd reader i was using.(acted up past few days)
Imma go buy a sandisk mobilemate reader and reformat the micro sd.

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
QUOTE said:
stop bothing with your r4s and use you acekard 2i and m3i zero

First off, if you read the Posting guide at the top of this sub-section in this forum, it says NOT to do posts like this, why? Because there here for HELP, Not to get told to get a new card, if they WANT a new card, they'd post about it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: someone is saying ultimate nes remix didn't had less games, it makes my brain hurts