Ninjafrogv3

OP
Trophies
Website
www.nfv3studios.com.au
XP
Country
Hello everyone

A few years back,I got an R4i Gold and a R4 SDHC Cart given to me but I didn't get the SD cards or firmware. I finally got WOODr4 Running on my R4i Gold but I've recently I've been tinkering, mix and matching and trying different methods and managed to get it working another 2 ways:

1: With the firmware ( not 100% which one )
-It loads the R4Menu, when I click on "Game"; it Freezes.

2: With the firmware, Moonshl2 and WOODR4.
-It loads the R4Menu, when I click on "Game"; it loads/Takes me to the WoodR4 Menu (I'm assuming?)
I can run Music/Apps/Games fine and it's not a big deal (except cheats lol) but when I try pressing "Y" to bring up the file information or the start button to bring up the "menu" nothing happens. but Where if I'm just using just WOODr4; I can open use both the "Y" and "Start" buttons and it brings up "cut/copy/paste/settings/upgrade"etc..

I DId the Real Cart/Clone Cart Test and it bring up "loading" when unable to read.

With my R4 SDHC, I did the Real Cart/Clone Cart Test:

WoodR4 on SDCard:SCREEN FLASHES, SHOWS SMILEY FACE/MUSIC NOTE SDCard LOGO WITH "LOADING" UNDERNEATH, FLASHES and GOES TO BLACK SCREEN.

With out a SDCard: SCREEN FLASHES, SHOWS SMILEY FACE/MUSIC NOTE SDCard LOGO WITH "LOADING" UNDERNEATH, NOTHING HAPPENS.

With Blank SDCard: SCREEN FLASHES, SHOWS FRAWNY FACE/WATER DROP SDCard LOGO WITH "MENU?" UNDERNEATH, NOTHING HAPPENS.

WITH THOSE SD CARD LOGOS POPPING UP, IM PRETTY SURE MY R4 SDHC IS A CLONE VERSION.

In short, I want to get both Carts set up with the closest,up to date firmware for the NDSLite anD Im hoping to maybe find People's... someone... anyone here, Who might be able to help me out

Thank yous in advance✌️

-Ninjafrogv3

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    53.6 KB · Views: 244

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'd suggest you to use the latest wood r4 kernel for the r4ids.cn card. The one with moonshell built-in has the tendency to corrupt the SD card and doesn't offer many new features (you can run Moonshell from within the R4's menu).
As for the other one: go to http://www.r4isdhc.com/download_silver/, download the kernel (not the firmware update). That should work.

Reactions: Ninjafrogv3

Ninjafrogv3

OP
Trophies
Website
www.nfv3studios.com.au
XP
Country
I totally agree and I love how customisable WOOD is by itself
Would WOODr4 () v1.64 be the latest? I've been using that and replacing the usercheat file with an updated one. I'll check Out the "Silver"!and get back with the results✌️

Thanks for the help too Technic (new nickname) Also while Ive got you here too, You wouldn't be able to point in me in the direction of any good flashing/ homebrewing/Modding The Nintendo DSLite around here

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah, I think that you have the latest version.
I don't know why you would flash your DS lite. It's main purpose only serves Slot-2 cards. You can run homebrew like any other sd game with the flashcard.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."