Hacking R4i Gold

aicjofs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a used DSi and it came with a R4i cart. I have always used supercards and have no idea about the R4i models.

I have tried quite a few kernels and just get the 2 white screens. Tried 2GB uSD and 4GB uSD. Must be a fake/clone of some sort? Anyone help identify would be helpful thanks.

IMG_1063.JPG

IMG_1064.JPG

aicjofs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your help fellas. For those who may search in the future. The cart is from www.r4igold.cn, this model was manufactured prior to March 2010, and uses the 1.14b firmware. There may be something newer, but I got that one working. Found it here http://blog.gamesyeah.com/2010/06/latest-k...revolution.html

Anyway thanks again to the helpful forum members especially RoMee, I appreciate it! Ugh not so impressed with it, like the DSTWO super way better, but I'll save the review for another time. haha.
wink.gif

flamingo24

Trophies
XP
Country
There are a few different R4i Gold's; if its the one from r4igold.cn, than it would be a DSTT clone. Download the DSTT kernel (no fake killer) and rename the TTMENU.DAT to iLL.iL or R4i.dat. The name will depend on the model you have, you may also want to make a copy of the TTMENU.dat and place it in the root along with the renamed file.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: I have a number of geriatric relatives.