Hacking r4i gold with ysmenu???

deathblade14

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello everyone I was wonder if my R4I GOLD from r4ids.com could run ysmenu I have heard in other topics that it is a clone of the orginal R4 any suggestion with be helpful!!!

firesavvy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i had one of those. unfortunately, it will not run ysmenu or wood.

the guys at r4idsn.com have a kernel that supports the card if you're looking for an alternative to what you have now. it's no better than the manufacturer's though.

pjmorie

Trophies
XP
Country
If it's the card with the yellow 1.4 on it (i.e. compatable with DSi with 1.4 firmware) then it's kernal is updated fairly regularly so most of the current roms should work OK with it. If it's the older version and doesn't have the 1.4 on it the best thing to do is install the DSTT unofficial 1.17a12 compatbale with the R4. I got it on FiletTrip but can't rememeber what the file was actullly called but it had 4 fiels in it (TTMENU.SYS, TTMENU.NDS, TTMENU.DAT and TTMenu folder). Then update the Extinfo.dat, Savlib.dat, Infolib.dat and USRCHEAT with the updated ones from

http://gbatemp.net/t218024-updated-ysmenu-...dat-infolib-dat?

I remembered the FileTrip download link for the DSTT on R4i-SDHC is http://filetrip.net/f11817-TTDS-on-r4i-sdhc-v-1-09c-1-0.html

pjmorie

Trophies
XP
Country
The 1.4 version is updated very regular so as I said most of the current ROM's should work OK. Not to sure if YSMENU will work but the DSTT option is also good as Pong, Retro and all the others on that link update very very regular.
If you do want to install the DSTT verison then download the files form the link and copy the four TT ones onto your SD card - do not copy the other three files as these are for the non 1.4 R4i-SDHC.
When you go to select a game you should then also see a TTMenu.nds file in the list. Open this and it should bring up the TT software and then load your games from there. You can also edit the text in the file called 'multimedia_path' in the R4iMenu folder to TTMENU.nds so you can just press the multimedia button from the main R4i screen provided you are not going to use Moonshell.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Intel UHD 4000