jenni11012

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello!!!!
Okay well I just received my r4i gold in the mail yesterday and it worked fine on my ds lite and I updated it using a patch -_- and im so retarded that I thought it was done and I turned off my ds lite. Well guess what? Now I don't see any Icon and when I click it only a white screen shows up. I formatted my micro sd card. I put firmware. I did basically everything and it still didn't work :(. I read online and it said I had to use another flashcard to fix it! What?!?!?!? I just got my first flashcard, I screw up, and now I have to buy a new one greatttttt. Well I have 2 questions. 1. Is there anything else I can do? 2. Would the original R4 work with fixing it?
Sorry if anything here sounded confusing lol. I made an account on here just to ask this.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You need a second flashcard to run the update to fix it.
Just run the update through another flashcard like you would a normal homebrew, but don't start the update process. Just remove the other flashcard after running the patch, then insert your R4i Gold and run the update process, that should fix it.

jenni11012

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated my post, but no it doesn't matter what flashcard you use.

Okay,I just bought the R4 Revolution, I don't really care whether or not the card works with the 3DS. But the R4 will for sure fix the R4i Gold right?(I know that I have to do the update thing). Just making sure ^_^

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Okay,I just bought the R4 Revolution, I don't really care whether or not the card works with the 3DS. But the R4 will for sure fix the R4i Gold right?(I know that I have to do the update thing). Just making sure ^_^
Last I checked using a DSLite you should be able to swap out the cards and fix your bricked one that way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)