R4i Gold question

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by mazdaspeed6, Jun 30, 2011.

Jun 30, 2011

R4i Gold question by mazdaspeed6 at 2:43 AM (345 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. mazdaspeed6
    OP

Newcomer mazdaspeed6 Newbie

United States
    I have what i believe to be a R4i Gold. I say believe because im not sure. I tried to upgrade to the newest firmware today as i accidentally erased the flash card in my pc. but when i copy over the files i just get a loading screen. the card has R4 on it with a little "I" and the website on the bottom says www.r4ids.cn and all the letters are in gold. I downloaded the latest firmware and flashed and then found the "OS" and extracted it to the sd card and now im good to go. My question is i saw this WIFI program and appears to allow you to download things such as roms/homebrew directly from my DSI XL. But when i download that firmware the layout of the files is completely different. Mine has __rpg,_SYSTEM_ and _DS_MENU.dat while the new files and anywhere close. I downloaded the new ones from http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/downloade.asp. and found the one that matched my version. The wifi engine pc app is looking for a file on my card that doesnt exist. Hope that makes sense

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    R4 is not one single thing.

It WAS, but then the team vanished and now there's 547803543890723763470896 people making carts and calling them "R4" so people buy them.

You have the first one, NOT the second one.