R4i GOLD Problem

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by rizzod, Sep 18, 2012.

Sep 18, 2012

R4i GOLD Problem by rizzod at 8:07 AM (2,226 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. rizzod
    OP

Member rizzod Not a New Member

Australia
    Now, i already own an R4i GOLD from r4ids.cn that i bought from ozmodchips. but as a "gift" i recieved another R4i GOLD today, but, i think it's a clone. Need your help guys.
    It came in a box, and the sticker on it is different than the black and gold, instead.. the sticker is gold while the markings on it are black. (inverted colors from the real r4i gold) and the website on the box is http://r4i-d.com .. the website is not there anymore... I tried putting the official/latest firmware on the cart but i get the error screen. But the cartridge read "Spongebob" on the 3DS MENU... does anyone know if this is a clone, and if im able to get any firmware to get this going on a 3DS?

This is an image i found on google, it's the exact product:
    [​IMG]

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    It's a different cart from a different team, you'll want to use the software from that website.

The website is gone, however, and while linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/ keeps track of this stuff, it doesn't have your site listed.

3. Bleak_Opethian

Newcomer Bleak_Opethian Member

United States
    It's more than likely a clone, sense the website is gone.
    You should stick with your R4I gold
    see if you can install wood, or any other firmware on it.

4. JDX

Newcomer JDX Newbie

South Africa
    Evening people,

So I bought exactly that card and the site does not work anymore as mentioned above. I have tried the multi card kernel and one works GEi but games will not load at all, I have also installed unofficial wood kernel as a secondary os but again games hang at the loading screen....(2 Different memory cards 2gb Sandisk and 16gb Trancend)

If anyone can please assist me with some official kernel files for this clone.

Would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

5. tranfeer

Member tranfeer GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Austria
    You can not use wood downloaded from www.r4ids.cn
    Do not try it as it maybe block your card.
    Just goto the website printed on the sticker of your card and download the right kernel.

6. Sicklyboy

Global Moderator Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

United States

By "block", I assume you mean "brick", which Wood R4 won't do, because it's not a firmware, it's a kernel. Nothing is getting flashed to the cart, nothing will be bricked.

And, to boot, he said he has the exact same card as the one in the OP, where it's made pretty clear that the website is (and has been) down.

7. alib8811
    This message by alib8811 has been removed from public view by p1ngpong, May 27, 2013.
    May 27, 2013
  8. kumpandjill

Member kumpandjill GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Anything on the back/inside of your card?

9. JDX

Newcomer JDX Newbie

South Africa
    What do you mean by that? There is not much on the back just the connector pins, the sd card slot and a picture of a sd card. The pcb is yellowish but have not opened it yet.

I would like to get the card working if anyone has anything including the last official firmware these people released...

10. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
  11. JDX

Newcomer JDX Newbie

South Africa
    Thank you for the response.

From his pack the only one that works is GEi_R4i YSMenu have replaced with latest .dat files from release 6.99 and have also tried with non updated files. It boots with this specific kernel but none of the games work after asking to save it gets stuck on black top screen with loading in green on the bottom screen (Blue if I turn of some of the options like DMA off). So not sure what this could be, no awnsers online yet.

12. JDX

Newcomer JDX Newbie

South Africa
    Update: Official GEi firmware version 1 and 2.1 works aswell. Games still does not work stuck at a loading screen with white text on the top screen, genesis emulator works and moonshell.