Hacking R4i gold pro 2016 can't find menu.

Hamstermascot

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The files from the default kernel 3.7b? You can delete them if you want. Might want to keep them though so you can switch more easily if needed.
btw default ysmenu skin isn't great so you might want to find a better one. R4 ones are compatible I believe

To be honest. I'm not bothered by it. I only need to use it to switch between games.

molaeri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

I bought the

R4I GOLD PRO 2016|R4 For 2DS 3DS XL DSi XL DS - MicroSDHC Card

from 3ds flashcart.com

and i'm trying to install the menu/kernel. I downloaded the kernel (R4i-V3.7b.zip) from this link : http://www.r4isdhc.com/2014-r4isdhc-gold-pro/

which seems to be the right one, copied the 4 files/dirs to my microsd, and my 3ds is version 11.0.0 , which i read should be fine. However, when i try to boot up, I get the '? Menu' after clicking on the bomberman icon.

Does anyone know what might help? very frustrated after reading a lot of forums and trying different kernels.

I also formatted my microsd with exfat 32k.

thanks,

Molaeri

Attachments

• r4.jpg
    r4.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 153

Davidosky99

Eevee :3
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
Hi all,

I bought the

R4I GOLD PRO 2016|R4 For 2DS 3DS XL DSi XL DS - MicroSDHC Card

from 3ds flashcart.com

and i'm trying to install the menu/kernel. I downloaded the kernel (R4i-V3.7b.zip) from this link : http://www.r4isdhc.com/2014-r4isdhc-gold-pro/

which seems to be the right one, copied the 4 files/dirs to my microsd, and my 3ds is version 11.0.0 , which i read should be fine. However, when i try to boot up, I get the '? Menu' after clicking on the bomberman icon.

Does anyone know what might help? very frustrated after reading a lot of forums and trying different kernels.

I also formatted my microsd with exfat 32k.

thanks,

Molaeri
I can help you installing ysmenu in there tho unrelated.
Ysmenu is a kernel that is better than the stock one, and removes the stock time bomb.
Pm me if interested.

DonFrancisquito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all! I have the R4i Gold Pro of the 2015 year (I think it would be the same than the 2016 one). I want to play the DS games in my Old 3DS XL. I didn't use it for a year at least, and now im reading this topic and now i see there is a latest kernel (3.7b). I put it on my 3DS with 9.2 and works fine, i mean, boots good and load games. But as i said, im reading this topic and now i see there is another thing called YSMenu that avoid a time bomb that makes the card useless after a certain date. Im reading the post you guys linked to the RetroGameFan updates, but i dont understand it well. Don't know what files i have to use, and if its better to have YSMenu in primary boot, how can i do it if in the R4i-SDHC instructions it only appears how to do it in dual booting? Someone can help me?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag