Hacking r4i gold firmware editor

nicknewbie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im trying to edit the start up "loading" image and other lines of text and images, are there and editors out there or any tuts on editing it by hand

SixtySixHundred

Trophies
XP
Country
Good luck with that...

Go get a hex editor and, err, do it by hand. Have a google for ROM hacking hex tutorials and you may get lucky. Rohacking.net is a good place for that.
It'll be the _DS_MENU.DAT file you'll need to edit (I believe) remane it _DS_MENU.NDS and treat it as a DS ROM. If there's no _DS_MENU.DAT file, ignore the balls I just wrote...

EDIT: Removed some useless stuff but in doing so, had many ideas... Google it please to stop my perpetual editing of this post...

SixtySixHundred

Trophies
XP
Country
nicknewbie said:
well....i fucked that up pretty quick i corrupted the system file lolz

laugh.gif
Remember with hex editing, you have to keep the same amount of bits in the file... If you want to change the word 'Loading' to another word, it has to be the same amount of characters. Eg. Changing 'Loading' to 'Opening' would work but changing it to 'Starting' wouldn't work as there's an extra character...

Good luck. Hex editing is a good skill to have...

nicknewbie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok on the loading screen under "loading" it says www.r41-gold.eu but there is not string of text that says that in the hex files but there is www.r4i-gold.com but i change even one letter and it wont boot (i think the loading screen is an image held in the hex file is there and hex editors the will display the text and images?)

nicknewbie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok now i know theres something weird i tryed changing the hex file from ver1.35b to ver_n00b and it hung again but i changed to back and it worked fine?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nicknewbie said:
ok now i know theres something weird i tryed changing the hex file from ver1.35b to ver_n00b and it hung again but i changed to back and it worked fine?
There's probably some checksum/verification string somewhere.

I ran into this problem while trying to remove "YasuMenu" (i think) from YSMenu firmware.
There was like 4 or 6 instances of it, all of them could be changed except two.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.