R4i Gold Deluxe Continued Software Updates?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Habbert, Dec 1, 2013.

1. Habbert
    OP

Habbert GBAtemp Regular

Nov 29, 2013
    Canada
    A local shop is about to get the R4i Gold Deluxe in stock.
    Do you think this chip will get updates just like the gateway 3DS is?

I almost rather have a gateway (they are not stocking gateways in the store anymore) because i know they are continuing to develop for it, I`m just nervous if I Buy the R4i Gold chip I will end up having to buy a gateway down the line because of it having more features.

PLEASE DO NOT START A FAN-BOY WAR!

2. Xexyz

Xexyz GBATemp's™ Official Xexyz

Jul 29, 2013
    沖縄県
    R4i will get updates just like Gateway. Maybe updates come after Gateway's or before. I don't know.

3. GamerzHell9137

GamerzHell9137 GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 1, 2011
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    I will never ever trust R4 cards, i would rather pay 30 quids more for Gateway.

4. octopus

octopus Member New

Sep 6, 2013
    Somalia
    Everybody here is a member of R4i and Gateway team, or fortuneteller, or Vanga. I heard that a couple of Nostradamuses are present too. I’m timetraveller, actually.
    So, we could actually answer your questions about future firmwares right away, but that knowledge will tear space-time continuum. Therefore, we won’t tell you.

Just get the Gateway. It’s not a clone. It’s the first cartridge. It has great support. New firmware will come in less than 48 hours. It’s being cloned like Jango Fett. Moreover, clones like R4i have yet to prove that they worth anything without Gateway.

5. octopus

octopus Member New

Sep 6, 2013
    Somalia
    double post, sorry

6. kyogre123

kyogre123 Mexican Pride

Sep 23, 2013
    Mexico
    They may bring updates, they may not; we can't truly know.

As for know, they will release a new version of their launcher that will allow EmuNAND, but that's everything we know; they haven't said anything about upcoming features and no word about Card2 games support.

Warning: Spoilers inside!

7. Rinth

Rinth GBAtemp Regular

Oct 18, 2013
    New Zealand

R4 appears to get updates. The original launcher and the first update were copy and paste from Gateway, but the upcoming update appears to be original work. However, R4 really likes to rush things and there is virtually no testing whatsoever. Gateway has been testing their 2.0 before R4 was even created, yet R4 is already planning to launch their equivalent (with fewer features) days after R4's initial release.