Hacking R4i-gold card dosnt work

mysteryperson699

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone please help me? My r4i-gold card won't work in my ds-lite any more.
hate2.gif
.It used to work but now it doesn't. it just stopped working one day. I have all the most updated software for it and a 4gig micro sd card. And it used to work for the past month but now it doesn't. If you could help me that would be great thanks.
hate2.gif

lukands

I took the little bus here
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
mysteryperson6991 said:
hate2.gif
.It used to work but now it doesn't. it just stopped working one day. I have all the most updated software for it and a 4gig micro sd card. And it used to work for the past month but now it doesn't. If you could help me that would be great thanks.
hate2.gif
R4i Gold.....thats not a suprise it doesn`t work. First you have to eliminate the possibilities of other problems. Have you tried it in another DS, have you tried a real game in the DS, have you tried to format the microsd card, done the paper trick, have you cleaned the contacts, have you blown in the slot 1 and kissed the card for good luck (LOL), etc... You have to narrow done the cause first then it might be easier to help you.

mysteryperson699

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
lukands said:
mysteryperson6991 said:
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
R4i Gold.....thats not a suprise it doesn`t work. First you have to eliminate the possibilities of other problems. Have you tried it in another DS, have you tried a real game in the DS, have you tried to format the microsd card, done the paper trick, have you cleaned the contacts, have you blown in the slot 1 and kissed the card for good luck (LOL), etc... You have to narrow done the cause first then it might be easier to help you.

I haven't tried it in another ds and i have tried a real game and that worked but the r4 still didn't. its not the micro sd card and by the paper trick, do you mean put a bit of paper between the card and the slot ate the top of it?
see the thing is, you know when you turn the ds lite on and it show the ds game on top then picto chat and that download thingy then the gba game part. its that screen it wont come up on. but if i put a real game in it comes up.
It make no sense. and it really annoys me.
hate2.gif
hate2.gif

If anyone can help please post.
yaynds.gif

B1nk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi,

option 1
I have a simular card, and i noticed it had some flaws in its os, it does not know how to handel long file names.
So try and shorten your filenames to a total of about 32.

option 2
Also it might have problems with to many files in one directory (no problems on a 8gb yet though)
so you could try and split your games into 2 or more directories.

option 3
see if you can ad and delete files from the card under windows (or mac etc) to check if the file structure is not compremised.
To be sure you could copy all the files, format and return the files tot the sd card.

option 4
buy the excact same card and return this one as doa.

btw this card costs 11 euro's at the moment

Good luck!

mysteryperson699

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
B1nk said:
Hi,

option 1
I have a simular card, and i noticed it had some flaws in its os, it does not know how to handel long file names.
So try and shorten your filenames to a total of about 32.

option 2
Also it might have problems with to many files in one directory (no problems on a 8gb yet though)
so you could try and split your games into 2 or more directories.

option 3
see if you can ad and delete files from the card under windows (or mac etc) to check if the file structure is not compremised.
To be sure you could copy all the files, format and return the files tot the sd card.

option 4
buy the excact same card and return this one as doa.

btw this card costs 11 euro's at the moment

Good luck!

option1: my r4i-gold works fine with long names
option2: yehhh about that, with r4 cards it has to be in the root directory and plus it was working fine a few days ago
option3: i already have done that twice but im not going to copy all the files and re format the micro sd card
option4: i cant because 1 i bought it through someone and 2 i have had it for about two to three months

thanks for the options but its the boot screen that wont work, when i turn the ds lite on it wont come up. the ds say there is no ds card inserted

if you think you can help please post

hate2.gif
this is what i might do to it if i cant fix it

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mysteryperson6991 said:
thanks for the options but its the boot screen that wont work, when i turn the ds lite on it wont come up. the ds say there is no ds card inserted

Three important points here from my end, besides that there are few different manufacturers of different R4i Gold named/themed cards every last one of which is not a real/original/100%-clone R4 and that's why people call it fake/clone.

1. according to the quote above you are definitely experiencing contact issues. there are a couple simple ways to resolve this, a method called the "paper trick" (you can see an example of it being done to an Acekard 2i in this thread) but i have not seen your exact model of your R4i and the construction of the pcb and way it is mounted may make it difficult so solve with a piece of paper. you could try putting a layer of thin tape on the bottom fron of the cartridge, if that doesn't work or only works most of the time but you experience freezes, you can double up- as long as you don't make it too thick. i'd also recommend choosing one method or the other but not both, an excess millimeter could permanently bend the contacts of the game system itself.

2. Use SD Association Formatter to format your card if you need to do it again or experience problems after successfully loading the card in the DS Lite menu.

3. Even if you like this product I wouldn't recommend replacing it with the same thing at all, if you had to replace it.

lukands

I took the little bus here
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
exangel said:
mysteryperson6991 said:

Three important points here from my end, besides that there are few different manufacturers of different R4i Gold named/themed cards every last one of which is not a real/original/100%-clone R4 and that's why people call it fake/clone.

1. according to the quote above you are definitely experiencing contact issues. there are a couple simple ways to resolve this, a method called the "paper trick" (you can see an example of it being done to an Acekard 2i in this thread) but i have not seen your exact model of your R4i and the construction of the pcb and way it is mounted may make it difficult so solve with a piece of paper. you could try putting a layer of thin tape on the bottom fron of the cartridge, if that doesn't work or only works most of the time but you experience freezes, you can double up- as long as you don't make it too thick. i'd also recommend choosing one method or the other but not both, an excess millimeter could permanently bend the contacts of the game system itself.

2. Use SD Association Formatter to format your card if you need to do it again or experience problems after successfully loading the card in the DS Lite menu.

3. Even if you like this product I wouldn't recommend replacing it with the same thing at all, if you had to replace it.
I got to go with this advice also. If you tried steps 1 & 2 then I`m thinking your card is messed up good and time to move to step 3.

mysteryperson699

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
exangel said:
mysteryperson6991 said:

thanks for the advice but i have already tried that and something similar to that. and that last time i played it the micro sd card had no problem loading,. its just getting the card to show up on the boot screen.
for the last few weeks it has been getting worse and worse until now when it wont work at all. i used to have to use the paper trick to get it to work but on the non sticker side.
i have a r4i-gold version 1.4 it has kernel version 1.33b
on the cover of the box it says:
R4i-Gold upgrade Revolution for DS
(NDSi/NDSL/NDS)
on the cover it has a picture of star wars lethal allegiance and when it dose boot it says star wars lethal allegiance

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mysteryperson6991 said:
thanks for the advice but i have already tried that and something similar to that. and that last time i played it the micro sd card had no problem loading,. its just getting the card to show up on the boot screen.
for the last few weeks it has been getting worse and worse until now when it wont work at all. i used to have to use the paper trick to get it to work but on the non sticker side.
(NDSi/NDSL/NDS)
on the cover it has a picture of star wars lethal allegiance and when it dose boot it says star wars lethal allegiance

two questions:
what is the url on the label?
do genuine game carts still work flawlessly?

two notes:
the R4i-Gold with Star Wars Lethal Alliance in the boot menu is a DSTTi (or DSONEi?) clone I've heard I can't remember now.
make sure the contacts of your cartridge are completely clean, recommend cleaning with microfiber cloth (like for cleaning lenses) or a clean undershirt

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Porobu said:
Buy a better card

You know, I gotta agree with that completely.
I'm just not the kind of person to go tell everyone with a shitty cart that comes to the R4 forum for help that they have to spend money.

riddle43

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i had the same prob just redownload 1.32 from someware format your sd putt the files on the card and youll be fine then after that put a new copy of i.33 on it but get rid of all the 1.32 files and it should work and i love this card i paid 4 $ and have been very happy
moogle.gif

mysteryperson699

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
riddle43 said:
i had the same prob just redownload 1.32 from someware format your sd putt the files on the card and youll be fine then after that put a new copy of i.33 on it but get rid of all the 1.32 files and it should work and i love this card i paid 4 $ and have been very happy
moogle.gif

like i said before there is nothing wrong with the files/program. its just getting it to come up on the boot screen. that's the problem

mysteryperson699

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
exangel said:
mysteryperson6991 said:
(NDSi/NDSL/NDS)

two questions:

two notes:
the R4i-Gold with Star Wars Lethal Alliance in the boot menu is a DSTTi (or DSONEi?) clone I've heard I can't remember now.
make sure the contacts of your cartridge are completely clean, recommend cleaning with microfiber cloth (like for cleaning lenses) or a clean undershirt

the url on the label is Http://WWW.R4I-GOLD.COM
don't ask why its in capitals. that's just how it is on the box

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mysteryperson6991 said:
exangel said:
two questions:

two notes:

the url on the label is Http://WWW.R4I-GOLD.COM
don't ask why its in capitals. that's just how it is on the box

Well, since real games display correctly in your menu and the R4i-Gold doesn't,
and if the paper trick and tape trick don't work
your cart's out of commission.

My recommendation is to get either an Acekard 2i (~$15) or a Supercard DSTwo (~$35-40). If you don't think you'll upgrade from a DS Lite to any DSi/DSi XL console in the future, then a 1:1 clone of the original R4DS card such as this one on ShopTemp ($6) is currently the most economic option. All three options currently support almost every DS release; but the Acekard and R4DS only do so through independently supported kernels (AKAIO for Acekard, Wood R4 for R4DS). The DSTwo actually has an anti-piracy bypass feature built in that is claimed will work to support games in the future without updating the kernel. As for AKAIO and Wood R4, kernel updates are pretty regular, Wood R4 has been the most frequent lately, but keeping your card updated is only significantly important if you prefer being able to play the newest games without anti-piracy patches.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself