R4i Gold 3DS rts card loading issues

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by HawkofNavarre, Aug 23, 2013.

1. HawkofNavarre
    OP

HawkofNavarre Newbie

Newcomer
    May 11, 2009
    Canada
    I am having a problem getting my R4i Gold 3DS card to load and even be recognized by my console. It was recognized before I patched the card, but it is no longer being read. Let me explain my situation:

I got the common error message when I first used the card. I proceeded to patch it with the most recent patch. The patch was said to be successful, but I received the same error message. I deleted all the files on the memory card and tried the patch again. The patch would not work a second time.

Then, when the card was inserted in my 3DS, the 3DS would not turn on. The power light would go on, but the rest of the DS would not power on. There is light in the screen, but it remains a black screen and nothing else happens until I force the shut down of the system. My DSlite will also no longer recognize the card, whereas it did when I first took the R4i Gold 3DS card of it's box (the same issues as the 3DS, but at least the DSlite actually loads...).

If I take the flashcart out of the 3DS, it loads just fine. It otherwise functions completely fine. I've emailed the r4ids.cn company with these issues several times. All they keep telling me is to patch and cut the signal line. I also emailed the company I bought the card from (R4-3.com), and they haven't been much more helpful...

Can anyone please shed some light on this situation? Also, what in the world does cutting the signal line even do?

My 3DS is updated to Ver. 6.2.0-12U.

Thanks.

2. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    Long story short: It's physically fucked. If you cut a line it sounds like it was the wrong one, try fixing it and then cutting the right one.

3. HawkofNavarre
    OP

HawkofNavarre Newbie

Newcomer
    May 11, 2009
    Canada
    No, I didn't cut the signal line. I'm just saying that's all they were telling me to do.

4. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    The official website's firmware update download thing has a file showing you what to cut where. It stops a signal from getting through, and apparently the 3DS can detect the difference and know it's a flash cart as of the latest few updates. That's why it needs to be cut.

The specifics we don't know, because if the team had all the details on how the carts works on a technical level out there, it'd be easier to clone...

5. HawkofNavarre
    OP

HawkofNavarre Newbie

Newcomer
    May 11, 2009
    Canada
    Thanks for the info. I'll try it out.