Hacking R4i gold 3DS problems (r4ids.cn)

Aiming_Device

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Long time lurker here but failing to find any related thread forced me to sign in and create this.

I was one of the individuals who had that weird 'Metroid Demo' icon bug (Revision C-when I bought this several months ago it started with the Dorasu icon). For a while I ignored the problem while r4ids.cn worked on fixing it and updated to the most current 3DS firmware (4.5.10-U, or something like that) to get the Fire Emblem: Awakening demo (I took out the r4i and placed a genuine 3DS game I've purchased before I upgraded the firmware).

A few days ago, r4ids.cn did finally release a patch to fix the bug so using my NDS lite I placed both patches into it to upgrade the firmware. The NDSL patch failed to work but the NDSi patch worked which caused the icon to change from the Metroid demo to a different Dorasu icon than the one the card originally came with (it successfully formatted).

After all of that, the card works as usual on the NDS Lite with the new icon but now it no longer works on the 3DS XL (I get that black screen telling me an error has occurred and I should check the manual and hold the power button to turn the 3DS XL off). The Dorasu icon does show when I turn the 3DS on and when I select it to play it it brings me to that black error screen.

Any one know what the problem is? Should I try to format my micro SDHC card? Is the card dead or useless on the 3DS? I did upgrade Wood R4 about a week ago but never used the RTS tool which requires a certain format on the micro SDHC (8 KB) but that doesn't seem to effect that I can use it normally on the NDS Lite.

The Riolu

Emanation Pokémon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Usually if it is detected in one device and not the other, its most likely because of contact issues.

Try sticking a piece of paper on top of the cart and tape it to the cart. Put it in the 3DS and report back on what happens.

Aiming_Device

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Unfortunately, it did not work. I cut up some business cards and placed paper slits between the 3DS and cartridge to ensure that they make contact but like usual, the 3DS detects the game but once I click to play it it just gives me the same error. I'm not sure if the contacts are the problem since it worked as usual up until the 4.5-10U firmware but I'm at my wit's end and willing to try just about anything.

Edit1: I tried the first method on that link and it game me the usual. Let me try the second method.

The Riolu

Emanation Pokémon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, it did not work. I cut up some business cards and placed paper slits between the 3DS and cartridge to ensure that they make contact but like usual, the 3DS detects the game but once I click to play it it just gives me the same error.

If it detects the game, most likely its not updated for the 3DS firmware you have. Try re-formatting the SD card again and patch the card.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Unfortunately, it did not work. I cut up some business cards and placed paper slits between the 3DS and cartridge to ensure that they make contact but like usual, the 3DS detects the game but once I click to play it it just gives me the same error. I'm not sure if the contacts are the problem since it worked as usual up until the 4.5-10U firmware but I'm at my wit's end and willing to try just about anything.

Edit1: I tried the first method on that link and it game me the usual. Let me try the second method.

if its showing up but booting to black screen then teh card is blocked on the console

here the game icon and compatibilty list
new-4.5-1.5.jpg

Support 3DS V4.5.0-10 and NDSi V1.4.5
non-3ds-icon.jpg

Support 3DS V4.5.0-10 and NDSi V1.4.4
icon00.jpg

Support V4.3.0-10 and NDSi V1.4.4
a0.gif

Support 3DS V4.2.0-9 and NDSi V1.4.4
a2.gif

Support V4.3.0-10 and NDSi V1.4.4
a1.gif

Support 3DS V2.2.0-4, V3.0.0-6 and NDSi V1.4.3
a3.gif

Support 3DS2.1.0-4 and NDSi V1.4.3

the new one is a Happy smiling Man
and that adds support for DSi 1.4.5
not sure if it adds 3DS support for 4.4.0-10 or only 4.3.0-9
but its does def not support 4.5.0-10

Aiming_Device

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmmm... I see.
My cart originally came with that Dorasu icon with the angel wings and halo (?) but now my icon is Dorasu but with a picture of a guy in a white t-shirt waving (his body is half way out).

Upon further inspection the r4i website makes note that it works on NDSi/XL 1.45 but does not mention anything about the 3DS. (I always forget that their is a NDSi XL) I believe I might be in error and juxtaposed the XL with it being the 3DS XL. I'll assume that it now can work on a NDSi but still won't work on the 3DS.

Thanks a lot for the advice guys.

Edit: Spelling and grammar mistakes

Aiming_Device

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes. Obviously silly mistake for me to make.

I'll try to read a little more into detail before posting a new thread in the future.

If a moderator can close this thread or something (I'm not sure what the proper course is as I'm new to posting here).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr