Hacking R4i Gold 3DS memory card problem/question..

generic_1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got my R4i Gold 3DS in the mail today and I was setting it up with a brand new Kingston 8GB SDHC memory card, formatted with SDFormatter . No matter what I try, I can't get it past the "R4i Gold 3DS Starting" screen. Then I try the SD card I was using with my old R4, a 2GB non-SDHC PNY card. Works fine. The only difference I can think of between the cards is that one is SDHC and the other isn't, and the PNY is formatted as FAT and not FAT32. Also, after being stuck at the "Starting" screen, I put the card back in my PC and it tells me I need to format it again. I am trying this on a DS Lite, I won't have a 3DS until the XL is released. Anyone have any suggestions for me?

generic_1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the R4i from realhotstuff. http://realhotstuff.com/r4i-gold-3ds-p-518.html
I believe it is legit, when I put in my 2GB PNY card, it works fine, boots up, games work, etc. I just tried using the 8GB card in my PS3 and Xbox, with a USB and SD card adapter.. and I can't get it to appear at all. When I plug it into my computer though, it does show up and I am able to transfer files, etc. Is there anything I can do to try and fix the card or should I try to attempt to return it?

generic_1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I'm just gonna run to Walmart and pick up an 8GB Sandisk for 10 bucks, then I can return the Kingston if I need to. Running a full format on it just to be sure, but I doubt it'll do anything. Thanks for all your help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not Ai women but women who's bodies are walking Atm machines
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds like scam bait
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    so they collect ''donations''?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well gofundme doesn't accept vagina they just do that off the site
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    guess they just sell spicy fling material
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wonder what kinda desperate depraved beings even need to go there
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gofundme or onlyfans?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, either
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is funny to see people start a gofundme for silly shit like a new game system, and then see them get free money, then think, not so funny after all.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gofundme for the homeless
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My dog used to chase off my neighbors cat from our yard, till one day the cat stood its ground, and paw slapped the shit out of my dog, now the cat wonders thru my yard, and my dog don't even care anymore, he's like f that cat. Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So just slap your dog when I'm climbing out urewifes window
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just use the front door, dumbass
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, what if you see him?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Then slap your dog?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He can tag me in...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah last time I just looked at bigonya and said the heavy works already done
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    That's @slaphappygamer 's job to slap
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh hi nick
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I think he's from Ohio
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ohhioh Nick
    +2