TrippelA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
HEY EVERYONE, newbie here!

Anyone know if my R4i Gold 3DS could be dead?

i bought one flashcard and installed the latest kernel and started to play :-) it worked fine for about 10 days, then i did take it out and put it in again, when i start up my dsi xl v.1.4.2 it says that there is no DS card inserted.

after lots of reading on the net i did give up, so i bought a new one (from another website).

i installed the kernell and started playing again :-) After a few days i did take the card out again, and placed it back into dsi, the same message apperad, instead of spongebob it only said there is no card inserted :-(

I also have original dstti that i have taken in and out many many times without any problems.

I thought R4i Gold 3DS should be real good quality, at least that was my conclusion afther reading around on this site.

Anyone knows what to do?

Sorry about my bad English....

Thanks in front!

Redhorse

Warehouse 13 Curator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you cleaned the contatcs in between on the cart? I live in a very high humidity area of this world and this sounds like a [problem that is common on high humidity like mine. This happens often to me regardless of cart type. The contacts corrode and either blow on them like the old NES cartriges or better yet, [gently]clean them. Sometimes just taking it out and re-inserting it solves the problem. in other words, shut off-take out reinsert restart ( a few times)

If it works even once, it's not the cart, its the contatcs need cleaning, I would suspect this first. Have you tried it in another DS? with same compatibility/system update? Hope this Helps. I don;t own THAT cart but own dozens of others and they all have that happen. I now use and swear by the DStwoi. It's a little more expensive but definately worth the money, for problem free and a team that can't be beat in keeping it updated. The DSoneI is a close second if you don't want to play GBA games or SNES, both which are part of the DStwoi regular options. I don't work for them but I believe in spreading the word of a company that does me right. ALso, when I find a dealer that sells good and real items, I stick with that ONE, as too many sell knock offs that MAY work today and NOT tomorrow.

Also I don't believe you said what DS you were using? The DSi? XL? if so did you accidently update yuor system after updating the cart? because my DSi is on 1.4.3. eng.

Good Luck.

PS My bad, I see where you DID say the 3ds. I can't speak to that as mine is in for repair due to NON compatibility with the older DSi games. ie touchmaster1, Magnetica... causes system lock ups and freezes. Same answer though, clean the contatcs and try again.

TrippelA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Badly its not helping but thanks anyway :-(

This problem is only on the r4i card and not the others i tryed. yes i have tryed it on a another dsi, but it didnt work there either.

i belive i wrote dsi XL v.1.4.2. and no i didnt upgrade it.........

tranfeer

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Just take it easy.
It's very easy to recover your r4i gold.
First of all, you should try another tf card.
If there is something wrong with your tf card, r4i gold can not be recognized by the ds.

If it dose not help,go to www.r4ids.cn to download v2.0 patch to update your r4i gold(r4ids.cn).
Please read readme.txt attached and do as the procedures listed in it.

TrippelA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I tryed another card (the old dstti card is working perfectly).

yes my issue is that the R4i gold is not recognized by the DSI (only says no card inserted)

i dont think my problem is a firmware problem, i only took the card out of the DSI and reinserted it without doing anything to it........ (yes it worked before i took it out of the DSI)

I think this is strange because it happend to two R4i GOLD 3DS cards (and both cards wasn`t older then 10days)

im starting to think that the R4i GOLD 3DS is a crappy card that dosent cant handle to be used....... :-(

thanks for caring.......

TrippelA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
What is the paper trick?

never mind, found out about the paper trick...... (dosent work)

is there anyone else that has the same problem with R4i gold 3DS (only works for a few days )

Suggestions?

tranfeer

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Just goto www.r4ids.cn and download V1.4.3 patch to update your r4i gold.
It can be repaired by updating it once more.
Just read readme.txt and do as the procedures listed in it.

TrippelA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Thanks for help everyone, but sadly nothing helped :-(

But the good news is that i talked to the store i bought it from and they are sending me a new one :-)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Shubshub @ Shubshub: oshit its the real jdbye