r4i God 3DS Deluxe help needed

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by jamsplodge, Dec 10, 2013.

1. jamsplodge
    OP

jamsplodge Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 16, 2008
    Hello!

I just got my R4i this morning (I know I know)

Anyway I can't get the thing into 3DS mode. I have firmware 4.3.0, I have the launcher.dat file on the root of the internal SD card (unlocked). I can boot into the latest wood firmware, install the exploit... it says it worked, but then when I go into my profile either holding down L or not I just see my profile... no crash.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? I'm sure I'm just being dumb.

Thanks

2. ginryu

ginryu GBAtemp Regular

Mar 14, 2009
    Mexico

So once you selected profile you selected the ds profile option right??

3. jamsplodge
    OP

Newcomer
    May 16, 2008
    Yeah, then it asks me to pick a colour for my profile. I'm expecting it to crash at this point aren't I?

I've just been in and tried it by selecting all the different regions and it's not having it.

I must be doing something wrong :(

4. inuyasha555

inuyasha555 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 10, 2013
    Canada
    The installer file isn't working properly then, it has nothing to do with the launcher.

5. jamsplodge
    OP

Newcomer
    May 16, 2008
    Right, I'll try a different version of the wood firmware.

6. jamsplodge
    OP

Newcomer
    May 16, 2008
    Very odd. The wood firmware from the mirror site didn't work but the one from FTP site did. Crazy.

Anyway thanks for your help... Bravely Default ho!!!!!

7. jamsplodge
    OP

Newcomer
    May 16, 2008
    OK so 3DS move is working perfectly. Very happy with that.

My understanding was that the R4i Gold 3DS card that you use to run the exploit could be used to play DS roms too. I have copied some ROMs onto the root of my SD card but they don't show up when in the wood menu.

Am I doing something wrong? Wood on my DS works just fine.

8. jamsplodge
    OP

Newcomer
    May 16, 2008
    Sorted it. All is good now.

9. simba115

simba115 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 23, 2010
    United States
    Please tell me what you did cause I got my r4i 2 days ago and have the exact same problem!! I got the wood firmware from the ftp and still doesn't work. I always get DS profile.. No crash

10. jamsplodge
    OP

Newcomer
    May 16, 2008
    Unfortunately I didn't do anything particularly. Just copied the different version of the wood firmware over. Did exactly the same thing and it worked. Sorry I can't give more help :(

11. lethargiclown

lethargiclown Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2014
    United States
    I am having this same problem now. I tried several different links of the wood firmware but none of them seemed to work correctly. If anyone has any insight on this issue I would really appreciate it if you could point me in the right direction. I should be holding L and then when I click DS Profile I should not see the choose color screen at all correct?

12. hiron

hiron GBAtemp Regular

Apr 9, 2008
    You dont need to go to profile if you use Wood and only play DS (NOT 3DS) games. Profile mode is only for 3DS games. Also everytime you play a DS game you have to install the exploit again if you want to play 3DS games. Lets just say using DS games will remove the profile exploit.

If you are talking about 3DS games then make sure you have 4.1-4.5 and if it doesnt work then I have no idea.

13. lethargiclown

lethargiclown Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2014
    United States
    What number are you referring to for 4.1-4.5?

Also do I have to do anything with the whole "patching" thing?

I am on the latest 3DS version in case that matters.

14. hiron

hiron GBAtemp Regular

Apr 9, 2008
    Ouch....the exploit for 3DS games only works on 3ds firmware 4.1-4.5. You probably have 6.1/7.1 or something. There is no no card for 3DS games that works outside of the 4.1-4.5 firmware range. Sorry for the bad news....

15. lethargiclown

lethargiclown Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2014
    United States
    Hmmm that sucks. I was going off this (taken off the news feed at http://r4ids.cn/):

[​IMG]

Is that perhaps talking about something else?

16. Saturosias

Saturosias Sakura-sō Resident

Dec 27, 2010
    United States
    Yeah, R4i has a horrible naming scheme for their products. R4i Gold (no "Deluxe") is just the DS flash cartridge, R4i Gold Deluxe is the 3DS cartridge and, like all other ones, only works on firmwares 4.1-4.5.

17. lethargiclown

lethargiclown Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2014
    United States
    Hmmm... I don't really get what they are trying to say considering they are saying "R4i Gold 3DS" supports V7.1. But I guess I will take everyone's word for the 4.1-4.5 since that seems to be pretty commonly known/accepted info.

18. Flopp

Flopp Member

Newcomer
    Dec 27, 2013

"R4i Gold 3DS" support V7.1 but can only load DS roms.
    R4i...Deluxe... can load 3DS roms but only works in 4.1-4.5

19. Saturosias

Saturosias Sakura-sō Resident

Dec 27, 2010
    United States
    The "3DS" merely implies it works on a 3DS console. As said before, it's a terrible naming scheme and no doubt quite a few others fall for that same mistake.

20. kublai

kublai GBAtemp Regular

May 29, 2008
    United States
    Anyone have issues of the R4i Gold Deluxe locking up randomly when playing a game? I've been playing Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate and it's been locking up at random points in the game. I am using emunand now but before without emunand installed it was still locking up. I wonder if it's a bad R4i card, my microsd card, or the game has a bad crack?