Hacking R4i Dual Core 2013

Firemist15

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just updated my r4i dual core 2013 to 6.2 kernel, the r4 card boots but when i select any game it just gives me a white screen, help please?

Spidergames

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have one with the same problem, updated the firmware to 6.20 and the Kernel to 1.62. and now I get a white screen when trying to open a game.
But it opens homebrew fine, I’ve tested StellaDS and a Nes emulator.

Also I have another Dual core 2013 that looks the same, I updated it with the same files and plays all games normally.

Any help would be appreciated.

Skyhigh_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the r4isdhc.com website card correct?

Did you by any chance update the firmware to 6.0.0 from UNOFFICIAL website? Because that would be the problem...
back when updaye 6.0.0 was released a couple of people were skeptical the ''cheaper'' cards were not going to work anymore and the manufacturers of them would just release a totally ''new'' revision.

Since they were taking long to come out with a firmware patch and they seem to have closed down their forums people thought nothing would come. So a couple of days after the offical update was released a nice poster from here provided information on a patch for the card that enabled people to play on 6.0.0 updates ( and also with 6.1). HOWEVER that patch was NOT made by the cards manufacturer and was NOT OFFICIAL.

I used one of those patches to patch my card and it worked fine but i had to use older kernel for it to work. When new update came out i patched the card with OFFICIAL patch from website. Got the same problem you are having... the card detective the unofficial patch as a ''fake card'' and disabled the ds game function.

There doesn't seem to be a fix for this, and the reason this happened to your card is probably because of what i mentioned above. I got another card but the new one i got wasn't altered with any unofficial patches so this one was able to work just fine with the official patch.

Word of advice: ONLY USE official patches the cards websites provide , any others will usually disable main features.

Skyhigh_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is because there is a clone r4 dual core and clone r4 gold pro in the market, they are deadly hard to distinguish from original ones, but only official kernel can differ.

Personally believe that the other card does not work will be a clone card.

r4i-gold.com has already changed their gold pro sticker and package marking now, and it will be announced officially soon.

So the r4i dual core (r4isdhc.com) has a clone? This is a bit silly considering the r4i dual core card IS a clone card based off the r4i gold card from r4ids.cn. So your statement would imply someone else seems to be selling a clone of a clone card?
In fact they copy the firmware patches off the r4ids.cn team and also crack the wood kernel and uses hacked wood. This is why they released there firmware patches for updates AFTER the main card like r4ids.cn releases theirs.

r4i dual core ( r4idshc.com), r4i3d ( r4i3d.com), r4i-gold pro ( r4i-gold.com) are all very similar in build. They use same firmware patches, same hacked kernel and i even tried using kernels from each others websites and most of them seem to be compatible even though its from a different ''card''. I believe these are all made from the same manufacturer because the builds are near alike except for the cards color and writing on the back of the gold contacts.

R4itt ( r4itt.net) also seems to be nearly like them, though i notice it runs a bit smoother. The website layouts, and messages looks nearly the same too. Notice how all these cards websites all say the exact same thing about the ''loading error'' and other reasons why your card might not work.

Kind of steering a bit off topic but i also notice some people here use the r4i-sdhc card ( r4i-sdhc.com)
The one with the red box, that almost uses and looks kind of the same as the r4i gold one from r4ids.cn. I believe that card too is a clone of the r4ids.cn one what's puzzling is that both of these are kind of priced the same and people decide to buy the lesser quality one.

Anything that isn't supercard, supercardstwo, r4 ( regular ORIGINAL r4), or r4i gold ( r4ids.cn) , is most likely a cheaper clone of these mainstream cards.

Flyke

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi

I have a somewhat similar story.

I recently received an R4iSDHC Dual Core 2013 and before I tried the card I went to r4isdhc.com to find kernel and latest firmware.
Firmware update went fine. But it wouldn't play any games, it would say Loading and then get stuck at two white screens.
This happened on both a 3DS (version 4.5... - kid must've had a game in that updated the unit at some point, we have an acekard2i that worked fine until suddenly one day) and a DSi.
( The card has the 2013 label on it ). Also tried formatting card and tried another card.

I got in contact with the place I got the card from and they shipped me a new one after a few emails.

The new card did _not_ work with the latest 2013 kernel. Same story, when loading a game I get white screens.

Then I tried ( reasons why aren't really necessary ) to put the 2012 kernel onto the card ( the one for the cards with NEW written in the corner ).
Then it worked!
The updated card didn't work with this kernel, but the newly send card did.

That all seems rather odd.
The store is offering me to keep the card and should I run into problems I can return it and get a new one.
They claim they are buying directly from r4isdhc.com and thus don't believe their cards could be copies.
I've got no idea if they are, it's just been hinted on r4isdhc.com and on forums.

I believe I have stumbled across a mention somewhere that there are "old" and "new" 2013 cards out there, but it's a jungle.. have already spend way too much time googling and browsing forums ( now it's time to write on one of them :-) ).

Anyone have any suggestions ?

Could I get "lucky" that the next firmware will result in a working card.
( I have two, one dud and one working with the firmware for the NEW (2012) card. )
I'm just thinking that eventually one day the 3DS will see another update and then the card we have now wont work.

Any help and/or thoughts are appreciated.

//Flyke

Flyke

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Riku

Thanks a lot!
The "dud" now works. I haven't tested it on the other card yet but I reckon it should work there too.
When launching a game it writes something in Chinese.

I guess I don't have to worry too much for the future then..?
And I guess I should write the company and possibly return one of them cards

Any ideas why the official kernel wont work?

Thanks again !

Riku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess I don't have to worry too much for the future then..?
And I guess I should write the company and possibly return one of them cards

Any ideas why the official kernel wont work?
Both your "New" and "2013" cards are fake. I suggest you never update them in future, or you risking getting stuck without working kernel.

Flyke

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks!

I've got two 2013 cards ( no NEW card ).
I just tried with the NEW kernel because I had a hunch.

Teh_LINK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, all my internet search has brought me here so...
Just got a 3ds, version 6.2.0-12U, and also just got a R4 Dual Core.
I have updated the R4 to the latest kernel, it works perfectly fine on my DS Lite but it keeps showing me the "error...power down" message on my 3ds.

Riku, I have tried your kernel on a freshly formated MicroSD and still no luck, I still get the error message. Works fine on DS Lite but not on 3DS, any idea what might be going on?

Thanks in advance for any answer.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Well, all my internet search has brought me here so...
Just got a 3ds, version 6.2.0-12U, and also just got a R4 Dual Core.
I have updated the R4 to the latest kernel, it works perfectly fine on my DS Lite but it keeps showing me the "error...power down" message on my 3ds.

Riku, I have tried your kernel on a freshly formated MicroSD and still no luck, I still get the error message. Works fine on DS Lite but not on 3DS, any idea what might be going on?

Thanks in advance for any answer.
First off, you shouldn't buy R4-SDHC or R4 "Dual Core" or outright lying carts like that.
http://gbatemp.net/t290097-which-flash-cart-should-i-get
Anybody here telling you to buy one has not been around very long!

Second, you need to run the firmware update, not just copy a kernel over.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/why-was-my-cart-blocked-how-do-i-unblock-it-firmware-update.315784/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: "I'm cheating on you with your hamster's cousin's owner's dog's favorite tree" +1