OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I ordered a R4 card online for my little brothers B-day and what i got was a R4i. Now it works fine on his DS lite, but there's this one thing that bothers me a bit: it doesn't (completely) support SKIN DIY.

It's a R4i with firmware from http://www.r4-v.com/
it has a red PCB so it's actually a DSTTi clone (which is also clear from the filestructure and the lack of direct slot-2 booting from the menu)

So i'm actually looking for a way to change the skin, currently it looks a lot like this one:
http://gbatemp.net/screenshots/[5771]Preview.png
(without the slot-2 icon)

Under the skin\ folder are only two bitmaps for the game menu:
GAME_down.bmp (similar to "bckgrd_1.bmp")
GAME_topp.bmp (similar to "bckgrd_2.bmp")

So I browsed the files a little bit and found this in one of them (SYSTEM\R4i.ini):

/Skin/Game_topp.bmp /_SYSTEM_/YSMenu1.bmp /TTMenu/YSMenu1.bmp /__ak2/YSMenu1.bmp /__rpg/YSMenu1.bmp
/Skin/GAME_down.bmp /_SYSTEM_/YSMenu2.bmp /TTMenu/YSMenu2.bmp /__ak2/YSMenu2.bmp /__rpg/YSMenu2.bmp

But i can't find the equivalents of "icons.bmp" or "logo.bmp" for the main menu anywere, i mean they must be somewhere on the card, no?
Probably compiled or packed in a file? So with some trail and error (deleting files / looking at the filesize) i thought i managed to narrow it down, thinking it's the R4i.TP file,
which is actually a renamed TTMENU.DAT file (from a DSTTi card). But DSTTi cards have a seperate DIY SKIN folder, so acually i'm back to square one.

Any tips on how i might also change the theme of the main menu? (without the use of YSMenu)

bennyroger

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
You could install the dstt 17a12 fakekiller removed software.
Just rename TTMENU.DAT to the name your bootloader is looking for (could be r4i.dat or something else)

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bennyroger said:
You could install the dstt 17a12 fakekiller removed software.
Just rename TTMENU.DAT to the name your bootloader is looking for (could be r4i.dat or something else)
To clarify, the loader will come with a folder and a file. Rename TTMENU.DAT to that.

Kanahpoo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks i will give that a try.

What does this fakekiller do?
Cause i already tried the original DSTTMenu OS v1.17a12 but it didn't work.

Kanahpoo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gisel213 said:
Hey i found a hole a long time ago in the r4i-sdhc making it run dstt fw cause it is a dstti clone
try this look at my thread and see if you can get it to work...

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=195...p;#entry2449132

there are very detailed and easy instructions not to hard good luck....

Thx gisel312
I tried this, but unfortunately it didn't work. I copied all files from the zip to (a freshly formatted) root and renamed the R4.dat to R4i.TP in order to get it to boot.
But the DSL doesn't even boot the R4i menu, it keeps hangin on the "www.r4i-sdhc.com Loading ..."-screen

Probably because its not really a card from www.r4i-sdhc.com but one with a red box, red PCB, yellow star with 1.4 from www.r4-v.com? (so a clone from a clone
tongue.gif
)
Or is it me? (also i'm using a DSL, not a DSi, but that can't be it, right?)

Any ideas?

(apparently i used a wrong (dutch) version of the v1.17a12 kernell, cause the english one boots, jeeeej!)

andresrl01

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hey mate!

I gues I bought the same r4i card as you, in mine I cant change the skins, it has all the files you mentioned in your post and plus its also made in red pcb with the letters r4i in one side of it....

so I guess its a clone of a clone..... still all games work nice and only had problems with pokemon soulsilver wich freezes randomly, its still playable but I have to save often, wich leads to my question...

I found that updating my kernel could fix the problem with pokemon but thing is that I dont know wich one should I use;
my card is labeled as a Hyper R4i classica, but I tried using their files with no results besides a blank screen and there are tons of cards and kernels and firmwares....

I have a dsi with 1.4 firmware and its says I have Hyper R4i's 1.56 kernel.... but I imagine this isnt true

well any help will be greatly appreciated!

Kanahpoo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

Well i used the DSTT_1.17a12 ENG firmware seen as mine was a DSTT clone, and i updated it with the latest infolibs .. that did it for me (on myDSlite)
Don't really know if it will work on your Hyper R4i classica.
1.56 is the right kernell i guess, perhaps try the latest kernell which apparently is 1.57 (http://www.hyper4i.com/download.php)

Good luck!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: