R4i Card Not Recognized

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by bahamut920, Jan 6, 2014.

1. bahamut920
    OP

bahamut920 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 23, 2009
    United States
    I recently bought an R4i SDHC RTS Lite, and when I got it, I tried booting it up in my old DS Lite. At first, using the kernel off of r4isdhc.com (although I think I was using the wrong one :shy:) , it showed up as a Spongebob game, then booted into the menu and froze. Then I tried using one of retrogamefan's kernels (for R4i SDHC) and it just stopped showing up at all. My DS Lite says there's no game in the slot. I've tried several other kernels since then, including one which I now believe to be the proper official one for my model. It still doesn't see the cart. Is there some way to fix this, or am I boned?

2. Xexyz

Xexyz GBATemp's™ Official Xexyz

Jul 29, 2013
    United States
    沖縄県
    The bold text is the problem. The "R4i SDHC" team (there are many) releases so many cards. They are just clones to make a quick buck. I recommend the the $4-$9 1:1 Clone R4 (Same as the real R4 but only support up to 2GB SD ) ,$20 R4i Gold 3DS (which is also a clone, but the best clone), or the best card is the $40 Supercard DSTwo. Which can emulate GBA and SNES.

3. Schizoanalysis

Schizoanalysis From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...

Jun 23, 2009
    Look for the website URL on the package/card and go to the site to download the kernel for your card.

There are many R4is, but only the kernel for the card you bought will work on it.

4. BORTZ

BORTZ Don't pretend you aren't impressed

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    Especially if you got a "special" R4i or something like that.