Hacking R4i 3ds

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if this flashcart will support new 3ds xl? I haven't gotten mine in yet but guessing it'll be on 9.0.

I have this one
r4i-gold-3DS14.jpg
I tried looking at the website but got confused.

Reactions: Margen67

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not it works on all versions. Install the files to the micro sd card that goes into the r4 and your good to go.

Alright I had it working on my old 3ds xl so files should still be there just wasnt sure if anything needed to be updated since I think I was on like fw 7.0 or something. :)

Reactions: Margen67

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same one. Does work on the N3DS but has been freezing on games causing some save loss. I have not checked to make sure the card has the latest "files" on it and will check in the morning.

I will try and report back in a day or two after my son has a chance to test it out. Flash carts can get finiky after a while and backing them,moor matting the mSD copying everything back frequently fixes these hiccups.

CMIVXX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have one of these same cards, but I can't get it to load on my 3DS XL with current (updated) FW (3DS XL: v 9.5.0-22u). It shows up as a Japanese "game" from Konami on the homescreen, but upon launching it, I just get the "An error has occurred..." message.

Hasn't been updated in a while as the site listed on the label's (http://www.r4ids.cn) download links are broken. Anyone have a link to a current version of the software so I can put it on a clean mSD? Any ideas why this may not be working? I just want to be able to play a few old DS roms.

Reactions: Random Joe

Deleted member 177877

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have one of these same cards, but I can't get it to load on my 3DS XL with current (updated) FW (3DS XL: v 9.5.0-22u). It shows up as a Japanese "game" from Konami on the homescreen, but upon launching it, I just get the "An error has occurred..." message.

Hasn't been updated in a while as the site listed on the label's (http://www.r4ids.cn) download links are broken. Anyone have a link to a current version of the software so I can put it on a clean mSD? Any ideas why this may not be working? I just want to be able to play a few old DS roms.

the download link from that site works. It sounds like you are trying to get the wrong one. This particular card uses the Wood firmware so go to the downloads page and download the Wood firmware.

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which wood firmware would I need if on 9.0 or 9.2?
There is only one. 1.64 I just downloaded it today and checked the file dates and mine was up to date. So that leaves the question why are the games freezing. I backed up and reformatted the mSD but will have to wait to test it out.

I noticed they do not state it supports the N3DS, 9.5 yes, but they only mention the 3DS and down.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That card probably won't work on 9.0 firmware. I had to get the R4i RTS version for it to work after I believe 8.1 or 9.0 hit.

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That card probably won't work on 9.0 firmware. I had to get the R4i RTS version for it to work after I believe 8.1 or 9.0 hit.
Bought in 2013 maybe even early 2014 and has RTS on the label. These jokers use so many terms to confuse the situation R4i Gold RTS 3DS Revolution for DS.

Should probably see if anyone is still alive over on the DS sub and see what they say.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it's easy to see what the latest "version" of the card they offer is. Usually it's listed on www.r4i-sdhc.com. One thing I hate is that they tote the "update via wifi" option, but you need to use a WEP encrypted network - Who still uses those!?!?!? WPA has been around for ages lol

Reactions: thorasgar

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it's easy to see what the latest "version" of the card they offer is. Usually it's listed on www.r4i-sdhc.com. One thing I hate is that they tote the "update via wifi" option, but you need to use a WEP encrypted network - Who still uses those!?!?!? WPA has been around for ages lol
Not an expert on this stuff but I thought those were two different teams and cards. (At least the software). R4i-sdhc.com and r4ids.cn.

At the time I bought the card the recommendation on gbatemp was to go with r4ids.cn as they had the best reputation and support.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My R4i Gold pro 2015 from www.r4isdhc.com works on my n3ds XL 9.0.
Not sure if it is a knockoff from that Original r4 RTS or what it is.

R4-g-2014.jpg

Not an expert on this stuff but I thought those were two different teams and cards. (At least the software). R4i-sdhc.com and r4ids.cn.

At the time I bought the card the recommendation on gbatemp was to go with r4ids.cn as they had the best reputation and support.

I think they are the same team, but the R4i is for DS only games. The DS Gold is for 3DS I think? The only reason I think that is because I emailed the R4i team once asking for 3DS rom support and they pointed me to the R4i Gold page. From there I just gave up seeing it was so expensive for the card and I think they still had the FW 4.1-4.5 limitation which my DS didn't meet.

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think they are the same team, but the R4i is for DS only games. The DS Gold is for 3DS I think? The only reason I think that is because I emailed the R4i team once asking for 3DS rom support and they pointed me to the R4i Gold page. From there I just gave up seeing it was so expensive for the card and I think they still had the FW 4.1-4.5 limitation which my DS didn't meet.
The DS and 3DS mode cards are both called GOLD. THE 3DS mode one is the "Deluxe Edition"

Bananawagon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I looked at the software section of both websites and it looks like it's using the same software with a only different skin. My card is probably a rebrand of the same card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, E-peen? +1