projektwelve

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all.

I have been having some trouble recently in upgrading this R4i card of mine, and I'm beginning to think i'm going to need to buy a new one because nothing seems to work.

Here's a picture of my card:

bf3oeg.jpg

I have a Nintendo DSi, which runs this card perfectly, and I have a Nintendo 3ds, which used to run this card perfectly up until I upgraded to 6.3.0-12U like an idiot.

Now, I got this card from a guy on craigslist and he tried it on my 3DS and everything worked, never had a problem with it. But when I bought a game that required this new firmware, I updated the 3ds, and now I'm screwed.

I went to all the different websites, beginning with r4ids.cn and all the other ones, I downloaded different kernels and firmwares, even the latest ones and it still won't work on my 3ds.

Whenever I launch Wood on the DSi, and hit update, it always updates to 1.60...what's up with that?

Anyhow, can someone post to me a mini-noob friendly guide to how to upgrade this card and finally get it to work on my 3ds if possible at all?

I just feel like I'm going around in circles, and I don't know how to upgrade a kernel or how to upgrade a firmware, I download the files, paste them to the root folder, and then I do nothing cause I don't know what to do.

I appreciate your help very much, thank you!

-projektwelve

Pyroneus

Trophies
XP
Country
I made a post yesterday about a very similar problem (http://gbatemp.net/threads/r4i-sdhc-3ds-trouble.362002/).

You are doing the correct things, the problem does not lie with you. My R4i card is slightly different to yours but from what I've read, once you upgrade to 6.3 on your 3DS, certain R4i cards no longer work. They were completely blocked. You can't downgrade your 3DS and there is no update for your R4i card that will make it work on a 6.3+ 3DS. So you can either continue to use it on an older DS console, or buy a newer R4i card for your up to date 3DS. Luckily I also bought a R4i SDHC 3DS RTS card from the same friend, which works just fine on my 7.1.0-15 3DS XL.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol