Hacking R4i 3DS card not working :(

Chelsie02

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all! I'm a complete noobie when it comes to updating flash charts, but I usually manage to update them ok! This time, it just will not work!

I downloaded the new Wood Kernel (1.60) and the patch for the 3DS, placed them onto my SD card, tried to run in my 3DS but it keeps coming up with the 3DS error message that tells you to power off. The spongebob logo still shows. So I tried to update with the old NDS fat version, and it says loading, but sometimes will get stuck, but other times will run, and I manage to get to the patch on the old DS and it goes to the run screen and tells me to press A, then errors, and says press a to try again, but no success! I don't know what else to do! I'm suffering without my games! I have contacted the R4i website, but I am still awaiting a response and I really want to play my 3DS! My 3ds is currently running version 6.0.0-12E

Thanks for any help :)

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country

Chelsie02

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh damn :( Thanks for your reply... so now I've updated to 6.0.0-12E on my 3DS does that mean I'll never be able to get my card working again?

Pong20302000

Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Oh damn :( Thanks for your reply... so now I've updated to 6.0.0-12E on my 3DS does that mean I'll never be able to get my card working again?

saddly that card will not work on that 3DS again
its been blocked in software and hardware

still can use on a DSLite or Phat or DSi
just not a 3DS with Firmware 4.4.0 or higher

soulrazor

Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe its time to buy a DSTwo since it has been block proof so far instead of getting a r4iGold.(bit expensive)
Or get a newer r4igold and dont update your 3ds again (cheaper)

Chelsie02

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Great :/ Thanks for your reply though! I only updated it as I wanted to buy Animal Crossing: New Leaf! Stupid me :(
DS Two... will this work on my version of 3DS now? Where can I buy that from, where they would ship to the UK?

Or if I was to buy a newer version of my card, and just never update... would that be better? I'm not too fussed about the updates... I just thought it may affect the playing of AC: New leaf... :S

Chelsie02

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Or if I was to buy a newer version of my card, and just never update... would that be better? I'm not too fussed about the updates... I just thought it may affect the playing of AC: New leaf... :S

Pong20302000

Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Great :/ Thanks for your reply though! I only updated it as I wanted to buy Animal Crossing: New Leaf! Stupid me :(
DS Two... will this work on my version of 3DS now? Where can I buy that from, where they would ship to the UK?

grab a DSTwo or a R4ids.cn R4i Gold from Zhuzhuchina, there UK delivery time is normally quicker than others ive found

any games you want to play in the future will require updates tho
e.g Pokemon X & Y

if you want to get another R4ids.cn card i would wait a week or 2 as i can see them coming out with a new revision soon due to the 6.0.0-11/12 update requiring you to actually make a tweak to the cards itself

Chelsie02

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Would you recommend the DS two on the R4ids? I'm thinking the DS Two sounds better, and I would like to update my games to carry on playing them

soulrazor

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes.

Or if I was to buy a newer version of my card, and just never update... would that be better?

Well it's up to you if after this you dont update again maybe r4igold is a better solution for you since its cheaper and your already used to it. But check this tread for 6.0.0 suport on those newers r4igold http://gbatemp.net/threads/r4i-gold-3ds-now-supports-6-0-0-xx.350028/ and then make your decision

Also i recomend you to read the 1st post of this tread also http://gbatemp.net/threads/which-flash-cart-should-i-get.290097/

Pong20302000

Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
if ordering a dstwo from Zhuzhuchina ask for a 1.20 preflash or else you will need to do it yourself :)

zhuzhu you dont have to ask
they do it standard

there good guys

she also has a DSi so its not necessary anyway as she could always do it on that also
DSTwo is the easyest thing to flash, even if blocked you can still flash it lol

Chelsie02

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ill ask them to so I don't have to lol my ds original still has the ds one card and its never messed up so id rather pay the extra and get the DS two as that way I can still update :) and the supplier you recommend are trusted and ship to the uk? And definitely support the new 3ds update? Sorry I just want to make sure I get it right lol

Kippykip

j e f f
Trophies
Website
kippykip.com
XP
Country
Australia
I highly recommend the DSTwo, and it can play gameboy advance on your 3ds ;)
Not sure if they pre-ship them with the 6.0.0.XX patch yet.
If you have an old 3ds version or a ds lite/ds phat, you can update the card to support version 6.0.0.XX

Chelsie02

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok ill be ordering a dstwo card tonight hopefully and ill let you all know how iy goes haha ill probably be back asking more questions :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: i almost destoryed my friends tv playing it on his wii lmao