M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I was afraid someone might post this...

It seems to be a precompiled version of YSMenu, Yasu's custom firmware for the R4, DSTT and AK2.

I can't get it to work, and judging from the files, it's pretty crappy. It leaves quite a bit of trash on your SD card.

I'd advice just getting YSMenu (and R4YSauto if you want it to be easier) or using the R4 v1.18 software.
CockroachMan said:
http://r4team.com/

123noob321

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
again? wow
wub.gif

in before lock.
dry.gif

S

spectral

That isn't the real R4 site. The real one is still at 1.18

rctgamer3

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Maikel Steneker said:
I was afraid someone might post this...

It seems to be a precompiled version of YSMenu, Yasu's custom firmware for the R4, DSTT and AK2.
So don't use this, or use the real YSMenu...

jenngcia

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Okay, I wont get into whether this is made by the original R4 developers...

but does this fixes games such as Sonic Chronicles which would otherwise require an ARM7 fix. Previous R4 updates are mostly to fix those kinds of problems.

And does it bricks your DS if you use a fake R4, as they had warned so loudly?

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
jenngcia said:
Okay, I wont get into whether this is made by the original R4 developers...

but does this fixes games such as Sonic Chronicles which would otherwise require an ARM7 fix. Previous R4 updates are mostly to fix those kinds of problems.
It should. YSMenu has about the same compatibility as the DSTT. I'm not sure if Sonic Chronicles work, but chances are it does.

QUOTE(jenngcia @ Sep 25 2008, 08:37 PM) And does it bricks your DS if you use a fake R4, as they had warned so loudly?
According to them my R4 is a fake, but while this doesn't work on this for some strange reason, the official software (v1.18) still does.

zardoz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The software is a cobbled together combination of Acekard RPG firmware/loader, probably compiled from modified source code, and the YSMenu/DSTT combination. There is, as far as I can see, NO evidence that this has been made from any original R4 software. Therefore, it is not from the original R4 source code or team.

Oh yes, while I think of it, take a look at the down_screen.bmp file in the _system_ folder.
It actually has v1.19 hard edited into the image, to fool you into thinking that this is somehow "real" R4 software.

If you wish to beta test an untried, unknown source, version of software on your precious R4 and DS, then be my guest.

Caveat Emptor.

Z

Noobix

Trophies
XP
Country
Raven Darkheart said:
nezman said:
R4 TEAM Official Website

sigh you really need to get a flame shield

stop it just stop the r4 is long dead leave it alone

I think you really need to stop coming in the R4 forums and flaming non-stop to try and get your post count up.

Can't you go in the cyclo forums and spam instead? (Or are they still empty because everyone has got other carts?)

I'm sorry that your life is so sad, that you have to keep coming into the R4 forums to entertain yourself.

I mean with all the "great" games just out you really have nothing better to do than go around posting non-stop about the R4 being dead?

Anywayz I'm off to play Disgaea DS, Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood, Kirby Super Stars Ultra,SimCity Creator and on my R4!
yaynds.gif

Maybe you should try "2702 My Secret World by Imagine" on your Cyclo...I'm pretty sure it will work on it!
wink2.gif

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Closing this topic as there are a billion of them.
If you wish to discuss this more, try http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=106705
Also yes, this is a fake, its a rip off of YSMenu from Yasu and also thanks to this fake R4 Team ripping off Yasu's work, Yasu may stop working on YSMenu which means that your R4 users may be out of luck.

So if you have an R4, don't use this 1.19 "update", stay away from it and use the real YSMenu. Basically this R4 Team just blatantly ripped off someone elses work and claimed it as their own. The last time this happened to Yasu, he came close to calling it quits and removing all support for is stuff. So if this happens again, expect no more updates for the YSMenu which means no more compatibility updates for you R4 users.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)