OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Dear Sir;

Tks a lot for all of ur concern.

From today on,we have the new R4 ENGLISH kernal 1.19,Pls refer to www.r4team.com.

It is 100% guaranteed that the new english 1.19 new kernal is original based on the last 1.18 kernal

For more questions,pls welcome to contact us anytime at [email protected]

R4 TEAM;

Since right now there r a lot of fake or clone r4 with the title of r4ds but using the other software by changing the previous PCB structure..So pls do pay attention as follows:

1.R4 ORIGINAL does not support 4GB at this moment..
2.R4 ORIGINAL PCB STRUCTURE is with ROHS CARD 7A
3.R4 ORIGINAL is with one chip only,the chip model no is 0815--this chip model no is based on the production time..

Many tks again!!

tKo HaXoR

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Are u serious?!
wtf.gif
This is utter failure! You should get pwnd by a super pwning machine! Probably just a hex edit, but why no english?

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
tKo HaXoR said:
Are u serious?!
wtf.gif
This is utter failure! You should get pwnd by a super pwning machine! Probably just a hex edit, but why no english?

He even said it was a hex edit
QUOTEIt is 100% guaranteed that the new english 1.19 new kernal is original based on the last 1.18 kernal
Based on the 1.1.8 kernal? Yes, its a hex edited version of the 1.1.8 firmware similar to what the R4 clones do.

At any rate, I just want to mention, this r4team.com is not related to the real R4 team who originally made the R4. Now I have to wonder why they created a new site, copied the entire R4DS.cn (The real R4 Site) and claim to be the R4 developers when they would have most likely gotten more respect if they created their own site stating that they wish ti improve upon the R4 firmware instead of doing the shady pratice that the R4 copies/clones do and copy the original R4.

At any rate, I hope they post a changelog so we know exactly what has changed. Though since they don't have access to the original R4 firmware source, I don't expect much more than some compatibility updates if any.

Also I'm not an R4 hater, I use one myself. Yes, its an old, out dated cart with many problems, but at the time, it was a decent cart. I currently use an R4 with the latest version of the YSMenu which works wonders. I'm just skeptic when it comes to the R4 clones or claiming to be part of the real R4 Team and such. Why can't all these people simply stop hex editing the original R4 firmware which is full of bugs and problems and create their own firmware with a similar GUI? At least it would show that the people would be genuinely into improving the R4 instead of simply keeping it barely alive on life support.

Twiggy12

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Narin said:
tKo HaXoR said:
Are u serious?!
wtf.gif

He even said it was a hex edit
QUOTEIt is 100% guaranteed that the new english 1.19 new kernal is original based on the last 1.18 kernal
Based on the 1.1.8 kernal? Yes, its a hex edited version of the 1.1.8 firmware similar to what the R4 clones do.

At any rate, I just want to mention, this r4team.com is not related to the real R4 team who originally made the R4. Now I have to wonder why they created a new site, copied the entire R4DS.cn (The real R4 Site) and claim to be the R4 developers when they would have most likely gotten more respect if they created their own site stating that they wish ti improve upon the R4 firmware instead of doing the shady pratice that the R4 copies/clones do and copy the original R4.

At any rate, I hope they post a changelog so we know exactly what has changed. Though since they don't have access to the original R4 firmware source, I don't expect much more than some compatibility updates if any.

Also I'm not an R4 hater, I use one myself. Yes, its an old, out dated cart with many problems, but at the time, it was a decent cart. I currently use an R4 with the latest version of the YSMenu which works wonders. I'm just skeptic when it comes to the R4 clones or claiming to be part of the real R4 Team and such. Why can't all these people simply stop hex editing the original R4 firmware which is full of bugs and problems and create their own firmware with a similar GUI? At least it would show that the people would be genuinely into improving the R4 instead of simply keeping it barely alive on life support.

truly great words by a truly great master narin your the best!

oh yeah by the way would this "new" kernal do anything? and would it brick fake r4's because i got mine at a computer market and so did my friend but his has a chip sticking out....is it fake? mine has no chip under sticker and i dont want to take apart my r4 just to use new kernal

AeroHex

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
typical wonder if it surpport sdhc....only one could wish and the arm7 fixs so noobs wouldn't go around saying "save file not detected"blah blah

.::5pYd3r::.

Viva La Pizza
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
r4team.com said:
Dear Sir;

Tks a lot for all of ur concern.

From today on,we have the new R4 ENGLISH kernal 1.19,Pls refer to www.r4team.com.

It is 100% guaranteed that the new english 1.19 new kernal is original based on the last 1.18 kernal

For more questions,pls welcome to contact us anytime at [email protected]

R4 TEAM;

Since right now there r a lot of fake or clone r4 with the title of r4ds but using the other software by changing the previous PCB structure..So pls do pay attention as follows:

1.R4 ORIGINAL does not support 4GB at this moment..
2.R4 ORIGINAL PCB STRUCTURE is with ROHS CARD 7A
3.R4 ORIGINAL is with one chip only,the chip model no is 0815--this chip model no is based on the production time..

Many tks again!!
Me lyk ur gud vry engrish

Holaitsme

10/10 would be loyal again
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hexane26 said:
typical wonder if it surpport sdhc....only one could wish and the arm7 fixs so noobs wouldn't go around saying "save file not detected"blah blah

why don't you add that in the your next firmwares.

hoist20032002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i go to the www.r4team.com site and i try to download the new firmware but it brings me to a japanese script page........how do i download it? do i download it from another source? cause it will not show the download page.......tyvm
smile.gif

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Hexane26 said:
No, the R4DS can't support SDHC cards without a hardware upgrade.

Also folks, stop with the flames or you may see your warning level start to raise.

hoist20032002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any help? someone plz message me and explain to me how do i get the new firmware cause i repeatedly keep getting the japanese script page......sorry for being aggravating but ive waited a long time for this and narin ty for SDHC problem my noob friend was having troubles with............

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM