R4DS + M3DS-S Loader 1.12 finally released!

Da-Huntha

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.lostmoment.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
A lot of the pro-Cyclo DS stuff in this thread seems like viral marketing to me. Many users with low post counts praising Cyclo and bashing R4. Honestly I never knew a stinking flash cart could have fanboys.

..yada yada yada..

So tell me, what have low post counts got to do with this all?
It's like saying you can't discuss politics because you're 2 inches too short...

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Attitudes aside, I have to agree that this topic should have been moderated more than it was. There was a lot of pointless bickering that had nothing to do with the content of this update, and it should have been dealt with in the same manner as off-topic posts in other areas of the forum.

And yes, I fully admit that in this case I was part of the problem.

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Grow up? Why? Because I'm tired of people bitching? Was this not a recent hot button topic addressed by one of your fellow mods? (of course it was.)

Or is it because I expected this site to perform up to its usual high standards by delivering quality, reliable information? I dont really care if you own the R4. I couldn't give a damn. But many people in this thread do own the R4. And instead of sharing information and helping each other out, we got 12 pages of non-stop bitching.

I hate to be the a-hole here but this needs to be pointed out.

Dont like what I have to say? Too bad. I'm not going to stop being an idealist. I believe a forum like this is based around sharing a common interest and a common goal. We're here to help each other out, not fight. If you want to waste your life arguing with bitter, sad, lonely, web addicted losers sign up any other video game forum on the ******* planet.

Until then I'll hope that GBAtemp returns to being the reliable font of information I have always loved. After all, that's all I want from this place. Information.

QFT and because I think it needed reiterating.

azotyp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
QUOTE said:
Grow up? Why? Because I'm tired of people bitching? Was this not a recent hot button topic addressed by one of your fellow mods? (of course it was.)

Or is it because I expected this site to perform up to its usual high standards by delivering quality, reliable information? I dont really care if you own the R4. I couldn't give a damn. But many people in this thread do own the R4. And instead of sharing information and helping each other out, we got 12 pages of non-stop bitching.

I hate to be the a-hole here but this needs to be pointed out.

Dont like what I have to say? Too bad. I'm not going to stop being an idealist. I believe a forum like this is based around sharing a common interest and a common goal. We're here to help each other out, not fight. If you want to waste your life arguing with bitter, sad, lonely, web addicted losers sign up any other video game forum on the ******* planet.

Until then I'll hope that GBAtemp returns to being the reliable font of information I have always loved. After all, that's all I want from this place. Information.
I agree 100% with your opinion, there is too many sensless flaming in threads like that.

kikoexe

Trophies
XP
Country
one of my friends tried ouendan using the new firmware and for the first time, some of the songs "jumped".. is anyone experiencing this too?
frown.gif

residentskitz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i havent heard anybody else mention it, but multi-card download play has never worked for me on the R4, whether it is R4 vs. R4, or R4 vs. actual game cart

i would think this is a more pressing issue towards 100% compatibility than SHDC

Kellicros

Trophies
XP
Country
i havent heard anybody else mention it, but multi-card download play has never worked for me on the R4, whether it is R4 vs. R4, or R4 vs. actual game cart

i would think this is a more pressing issue towards 100% compatibility than SHDC
It has been fixed since 1.11(or was it 1.10?), and is working flawlessly for me, multi-card as well as single-card.

residentskitz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It has been fixed since 1.11(or was it 1.10?), and is working flawlessly for me, multi-card as well as single-card.

my friend also has an R4, we've tried half a dozen games multi card, and they dont work. single card works fine.
we've also tried with a couple real games vs. r4, and those dont work multi card either.
2 examples are mario kart, and new super mario bros.

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
my friend also has an R4, we've tried half a dozen games multi card, and they dont work. single card works fine.
we've also tried with a couple real games vs. r4, and those dont work multi card either.
2 examples are mario kart, and new super mario bros.

That shouldn't be the case. Multi-card should work 100% on the R4DS. Maybe you got them mixed up?

~Nero

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
If any Arkanoid fans were involved in any of the bitching about the update only fixing a couple of games then it's time you bit the bullet and downloaded it. It needs it to run correctly.

jaundice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMG! My R4 is perfectly compatible with all the games that I want to play, and my 1GIG MicroSD card is perfectly fine for all the games and music I want. What a waste, I think I'll sell it and get a CycloDS so I can have 300 games, 75% of which I'll never play. /sarcasm

My R4 tears faces off and I love it. Better price, better performance. No need to complain because the rest of you got ripped.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you feed the hamster in your internet router? It prob died and is running slow now.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why did you start saying my pc has a hamster in the first place?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its actua!ly just a old joke, meaning its slow. Was just kidding around with you.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I bet @AncientBoi has some hamsters hidden somewhere tho....
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I think Game streaming should work like this.... Local Hardware able the run the game fine, game engine and common assets stored locally, all FMV and music and textures could be streaming
    +1
    Some temporary storage
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also @BigOnYa im making some progress on my gdevelop project, implemented various mechanics
    They went all in on streaming, should have been more of a hybrid approach
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or free government supplied high speed internet be nice also. Like Obama care. Xdqwerty that's cool, its time consuming but rewarding once done or playable, to see what you've made from scratch. Animations take forever, but worth it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, although the bullets are a bit buggy
    +1
    Not to mention this would be a massive pain to pirate
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    and the visual aspect of the game is quite crude (the sprite that looks best is that of the protagonist just because he is a stickman with sunglasses)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There is a bullets behaviour you assign to your character, that makes the code easier, under "behaviours"
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant that when the character is pointing to the right, the bullets spawn where they should, but when he is on the right, they move to the right but the spawn point is incorrect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Itch.io has lots of free assets also. Under the bullets behavior tab, there is a "rotate bullets" option, can try that. Or in the code can try
    - fire bullet Player.X(PlayerDirection)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im taking a break for today anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    YEa gotta after a while, looking at code for long periods will bug your eyes.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to learn, but fun once you get the hang of it. I think I've watched every tutorial video there is, but I still struggle sometimes to get stuff to work right. But gotta keep trying dif things, and eventually you will get it right.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol McDonald's has a grandma mcflurry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, furry grandma?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It sounds good actually, I like butterscotch
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It sucked don't know wtf these little bits and pieces are they use now
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It sucked don't know wtf these little bits and pieces are they use now