R4DS + M3DS-S Loader 1.12 finally released!

JohnDrake

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
A lot of the pro-Cyclo DS stuff in this thread seems like viral marketing to me. Many users with low post counts praising Cyclo and bashing R4. Honestly I never knew a stinking flash cart could have fanboys.

How about this gang? After 11 pages of arguing why doesn't someone try posting impressions?

Someone earlier in this thread stated that games requiring the Arm7 fix now work. How about listing them?

Has anyone tested the Castlevania titles?

I used to come to this forum for raw information. Now all I get is bitching. This place is turning into GameFaqs. And that place is the biggest hellhole on Earth.

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A lot of the pro-Cyclo DS stuff in this thread seems like viral marketing to me.  Many users with low post counts praising Cyclo and bashing R4. Honestly I never knew a stinking flash cart could have fanboys.

How about this gang?  After 11 pages of arguing why doesn't someone try posting impressions?

Someone earlier in this thread stated that games requiring the Arm7 fix now work.  How about listing them?

I used to come to this forum for raw information.  Now all I get is bitching.  This place is turning into GameFaqs.  And that place is the biggest hellhole on Earth.

Agreed, this thread needs locking as most of it is now moaning and fanboy's running wild with troll fever. This thread needs excessive moderating or a big padlock to lock it, jeez cant people play nice anymore ?
frown.gif
....... heh, give me the mod wand, I'll knock this place into shape.......

Rankio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can never have a dedicated flash cart thread, the "my card > your card" pointless argument creeps in.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
It's always been like that when it comes to computer games. Remember all these arguments :

My VCS>Intellivision > Colecovision
My Spectrum > C64 > CPC464 (UK version)
My C64 > Atari XL (US Version)
My NES > Master System
My Megadrive > SNES > PCE
My PSX > Saturn > N64
My Dreamcast > PS2 > Xbox > Gamecube
My Gameboy > Lynx > Gamegear > Nomad
My GBA > NeoGeo Pocket
My DS > PSP > Gamepark2X

Remember How many PS2 fanboys refused to by any other consoles because they knew, even before tech specs had been announced, that the PS2 would be "the best console ever made", then jumped ship to the Xbox when they realized just how crap the PS2 really was. Then it became "I'm not buying any other consoles because the XBox360 is going to be the best console ever made". Now it's been released and yeah it's an outstanding machine graphically, but when it comes to build quality normal wear and tear is the big bad wolf and the Xbox360 is the pig with the straw house - and still even though people know that chances are it won't last 6 months they are still buying them like drones.

If people were more confident about themselves and the choices they make they wouldn't be so worried about whether their bit of moulded plastic and silicon is better than everyone elses.

Da-Huntha

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.lostmoment.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Why the hell are you all going to sell your R4ds now? Because you bought the R4 for support? I think not.

Most of you probably bought it to play backups, homebrew, or else. I'm sure you didn't buy it for the SDHC back then. It still supports most if not all games currently available (And with this update one more even...). That and the R4 guys aren't really dead yet, so you can still expect future game support.

Buying a second 2GB microSD is always cheaper than buying a cycloDS + SDHC card anyway....

mkoo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
For a moment I was disapointed. Then I realised R4 already can do anything I need
smile.gif
PBR connectivity could be a problem but I don't have a wii and have legit Pokémon.

About SDHC, 2GB ought to be enough for everybody

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For a moment I was disapointed. Then I realised R4 already can do anything I need
smile.gif
PBR connectivity could be a problem but I don't have a wii and have legit Pokémon.

Please, would people stop deciding they know what's best for everyone. 2GB is not fine for everyone. My son is 8 and we use his DS for games music and films. 2GB is not enough. I have converted most of his DVD's for him to watch in the car, if he doesn't want to watch a film or play a game he can listen to MP3's of music or stories all from the convenience of one little games console.

NO I don't think I should by him a DVD player as they are cheap ( this is before someone else jumps in to point out how people should spend their money ) logic would then suggest that I should buy him an MP3 player as well. That would mean lots of extra stuff and power cables to carry which is not needed.

If you find 2GB is enough for you then fine but don't ( and this goes for the rest of the people who think they need to post here the same thing ) think everyone is the same.

I myself have bought nearly every game I have on my R4 ( some are there for me to play test before I decide ) as I like to support a company who makes decent games, its easier to carry around an R4 than an armful of games carts, and the rom sizes take up more than 2GB, ( I have 74 Original carts ) but then I just carry around another Micro SD card, I wouldn't trust my 8 year old to switch the micro SD card without dropping and losing it, therefore a bigger card would be perfect.

If people aren't trolling the boards looking to wind people up then they are making pointless posts like "getting this now", "ooh oooh been waiting for this" etc etc and little else, or even telling people what's best for them based on their own personal requirements. The minority it seems actually posting something of worth. Read through this whole thread and see how much is actually of worth or you could consider on topic, 168 replies as I type this and I bet the answer is less than 10% sometimes the analogy that anonymity + keyboard + audience = idiot was never more true than in forums.

Lord knows what the replies to this thread would have been if it was a fix for a Barbie game and not for Worms, I shudder to even think

Come on now lets play nice eh, cant be to difficult

viva la difference

/rant over

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
smile.gif

Please, would people stop deciding they know what's best for everyone. 2GB is not fine for everyone. My son is 8 and we use his DS for games music and films. 2GB is not enough. I have converted most of his DVD's for him to watch in the car, if he doesn't want to watch a film or play a game he can listen to MP3's of music or stories all from the convenience of one little games console.

NO I don't think I should by him a DVD player as they are cheap ( this is before someone else jumps in to point out how people should spend their money ) logic would then suggest that I should buy him an MP3 player as well. That would mean lots of extra stuff and power cables to carry which is not needed.

If you find 2GB is enough for you then fine but don't ( and this goes for the rest of the people who think they need to post here the same thing ) think everyone is the same.

I myself have bought nearly every game I have on my R4 ( some are there for me to play test before I decide ) as I like to support a company who makes decent games, its easier to carry around an R4 than an armful of games carts, and the rom sizes take up more than 2GB, ( I have 74 Original carts ) but then I just carry around another Micro SD card, I wouldn't trust my 8 year old to switch the micro SD card without dropping and losing it, therefore a bigger card would be perfect.

If people aren't trolling the boards looking to wind people up then they are making pointless posts like "getting this now", "ooh oooh been waiting for this" etc etc and little else, or even telling people what's best for them based on their own personal requirements. The minority it seems actually posting something of worth. Read through this whole thread and see how much is actually of worth or you could consider on topic, 168 replies as I type this and I bet the answer is less than 10% sometimes the analogy that anonymity + keyboard + audience = idiot was never more true than in forums.

Lord knows what the replies to this thread would have been if it was a fix for a Barbie game and not for Worms, I shudder to even think

Come on now lets play nice eh, cant be to difficult

viva la difference

/rant over

I'm not trolling or trying to start an argument or anything, can I ask when you bought the R4?

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not trolling or trying to start an argument or anything, can I ask when you bought the R4?

How long I have had an R4 I cant honestly remember, but a long while, I have been around this scene for a long long time and used a flash cart with my GBA, when you could only get the 128mb ones and had to boot the GBA holding start and select to load stuff onto them, I even also used to dump my own roms. I gave up posting because all the trolls and idiots that were about and made the whole scene a fiasco.

When its all said and done the R4 is a near perfect flash cart, I for one have had no issues with the card nor in its updates, until recently. Nearly four months for this update smacks me as to there being something wrong at R4 HQ, this combined with the fact they haven't even bothered to put the official forums back up yet and the obvious misleading information regarding the dubious SDHC support doesn't exactly fill me with confidence about the future of the cart. Maybe there is another model with this support on the horizon, who knows, BUT in my mind the card does its job and that's all that matters, to me at least anyway.

JohnDrake

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Oh for God's sake. More bitching. Seriously WTF is wrong with the staff? No impressions, no one tests the ARM7 games. Nothing. Just 12 pages of ceaseless, pointless bitching.

If I weren't away from my DS I would test every single game that formerly did not work with the R4. You'd think that would be something the admins of this site would do. After all this site was suppossed to an information resource and not the sewer that leads to GameFaqs.

Dont bother responding to my post. I'm starting to think I just dont give a damn about this site any more.

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A lot of the pro-Cyclo DS stuff in this thread seems like viral marketing to me. Many users with low post counts praising Cyclo and bashing R4. Honestly I never knew a stinking flash cart could have fanboys.

How about this gang? After 11 pages of arguing why doesn't someone try posting impressions?

Someone earlier in this thread stated that games requiring the Arm7 fix now work. How about listing them?

I used to come to this forum for raw information. Now all I get is bitching. This place is turning into GameFaqs. And that place is the biggest hellhole on Earth.

cyclods why? why not just discuss m3 real. it has all the features that cyclods has except for the onboard 2mb flashram plus it costs about $20-$30 less and has attachments. imho the R4 is a thing of the past but it is a decent product nonetheless.

JohnDrake

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
And what is this topic about? Oh that's right, were talking about the R4. Its not about the M3 or the Cyclo.

I dont give a damn about which card you prefer. Stay on topic.

Here are a list of the game that require the Arm7 fix. I'm sure you all know where this list comes from.

List of known, protected games:

1158 - Zelda no Densetsu: Mugen no Sunadokei (J)
1159 - SimCity DS (E)
1181 - Hoshigami Remix Running Blue (U)
1183 - Chuukana Janshi Tenhoo Painyan Remix (J)
1256 - Idol Janshi Suchie Pai III Remix (J)
1288 - Donkey Kong: Jungle Climber (J)
1292 - Mega Man Star Force: Dragon (U)
1293 - Mega Man Star Force: Leo (U)
1294 - Mega Man Star Force: Pegasus (U)
1298 - Chameleon: To Dye For (U)
1417 - MySims (E)
1319 - Minagara Oreru DS Origami (J)
1422 - MySims (U)
1441 - FIFA 08 (E)
1368 - Worms: Open Warfare 2 (E)
1398 - Drawn To Life (U)
1423 - Drawn To Life (E)
1456 - The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (U)
1458 - ASH: Archaic Sealed Heat (J)
1475 - Kurupoto Cool Cool Stars (U)

Please post impressions. So far I've only heard that Worms now works.

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
And what is this topic about? Oh that's right, were talking about the R4. Its not about the M3 or the Cyclo.

I dont give a damn about which card you prefer. Stay on topic.

Here are a list of the game that require the Arm7 fix. I'm sure you all know where this list comes from.

List of known, protected games:

1158 - Zelda no Densetsu: Mugen no Sunadokei (J)
1159 - SimCity DS (E)
1181 - Hoshigami Remix Running Blue (U)
1183 - Chuukana Janshi Tenhoo Painyan Remix (J)
1256 - Idol Janshi Suchie Pai III Remix (J)
1288 - Donkey Kong: Jungle Climber (J)
1292 - Mega Man Star Force: Dragon (U)
1293 - Mega Man Star Force: Leo (U)
1294 - Mega Man Star Force: Pegasus (U)
1298 - Chameleon: To Dye For (U)
1417 - MySims (E)
1319 - Minagara Oreru DS Origami (J)
1422 - MySims (U)
1441 - FIFA 08 (E)
1368 - Worms: Open Warfare 2 (E)
1398 - Drawn To Life (U)
1423 - Drawn To Life (E)
1456 - The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (U)
1458 - ASH: Archaic Sealed Heat (J)
1475 - Kurupoto Cool Cool Stars (U)

Please post impressions. So far I've only heard that Worms now works.

I have been playing a few of them on my R4 and I dont remember having to patch them before playing except worms. If I get the time this weekend ill try some of them with clean dumps just to make sure im not going mad.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Oh for God's sake.  More bitching.  Seriously WTF is wrong with the staff?  No impressions, no one tests the ARM7 games.  Nothing.  Just 12 pages of ceaseless, pointless bitching. 

If I weren't away from my DS I would test every single game that formerly did not work with the R4.  You'd think that would be something the admins of this site would do.  After all this site was suppossed to an information resource and not the sewer that leads to GameFaqs.

Dont bother responding to my post.  I'm starting to think I just dont give a damn about this site any more.

Sure, send me an R4 and I'll get right on it.

Grow up. Contrary to popular belief all staff members don't own every single flashcard out there. We do all this for free, this isn't maxconsole. Shaun has an R4 though, but I imagine he's very busy. Perhaps try and send him a PM instead of complaining and he might be able to help.

JohnDrake

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Oh for God's sake.  More bitching.  Seriously WTF is wrong with the staff?  No impressions, no one tests the ARM7 games.  Nothing.  Just 12 pages of ceaseless, pointless bitching. 

If I weren't away from my DS I would test every single game that formerly did not work with the R4.  You'd think that would be something the admins of this site would do.  After all this site was suppossed to an information resource and not the sewer that leads to GameFaqs.

Dont bother responding to my post.  I'm starting to think I just dont give a damn about this site any more.

Sure, send me an R4 and I'll get right on it.

Grow up. Contrary to popular belief all staff members don't own every single flashcard out there. We do all this for free, this isn't maxconsole. Shaun has an R4 though, but I imagine he's very busy. Perhaps try and send him a PM instead of complaining and he might be able to help.

Grow up? Why? Because I'm tired of people bitching? Was this not a recent hot button topic addressed by one of your fellow mods? (of course it was.)

Or is it because I expected this site to perform up to its usual high standards by delivering quality, reliable information? I dont really care if you own the R4. I couldn't give a damn. But many people in this thread do own the R4. And instead of sharing information and helping each other out, we got 12 pages of non-stop bitching.

I hate to be the a-hole here but this needs to be pointed out.

Dont like what I have to say? Too bad. I'm not going to stop being an idealist. I believe a forum like this is based around sharing a common interest and a common goal. We're here to help each other out, not fight. If you want to waste your life arguing with bitter, sad, lonely, web addicted losers sign up any other video game forum on the ******* planet.

Until then I'll hope that GBAtemp returns to being the reliable font of information I have always loved. After all, that's all I want from this place. Information.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY