R4DS + M3DS-S Loader 1.12 finally released!

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Don't love the R4 so much that you completely shut your eyes to the obvious. No one's complaining that they fixed the issues with the game, they're complaining because of the fact that this problem has been around for well over two months now, and it took them TWO WHOLE months just to release a firmware to fix one game, while the Cyclo didn't even have problems with it to begin with, and TeamCyclops has released about 2 official firmwares and 5-6 including betas.
No one had to wait for a god damn thing. This fix is for an inconvenience, not an incompatibility; the games that needed the arm7 fix still worked, they just needed the arm7 fix.

wait a minute, for this update:

download play support not fixed?

come on....... it's been shown many times... they shouldn't say it is fixed if it doesn't work lol. I'll try it out tho, 1.08 for m3 simply the same thing? I guess I gotta get crackin'.. I have an r4 and an m3.
You seem to be the only person with that problem. Did you try untrimmed roms like everyone suggested in that other thread about DL play?

kreatosoupa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
rofl2.gif
This thread is so much fun! Bring on the CycloDS fanboys! Seriously, don't people have anything better to do?

(goes off to play Revenant Wings on his 100% compatibility R4)
tongue.gif

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is not as accurate as saying that 'R4 users will defend their cart to death against random users who come to a thread to insult and troll'.

This topic's about the R4, not about how the CycloDS pwns. Why do you, CycloDS users, keep playing with your awesome cart instead of trolling here?

Yeah, I guess that's half right. But even you have to admit, there are a lot of fanboys in this thread - both R4 and CycloDS. Yeah the CycloDS fanboys did start the arguing, and that was lame and childish. But it's naive for the R4 fanboys to keep thinking that the R4 is still better than any other flashcart out on the market. It may have been at one time, but it's no longer.

By the way, I'm not a CycloDS user. I haven't used either my CycloDS or R4 in quite a while. I'm an SCDS1 user. I think that cart is "better" than both the R4 and CycloDS, for a couple reasons. Actually, I think it's "better" than any other slot 1 that I have, and is my default cart. But that's just my personal preference. It doesn't mean that the SCDS1 is the best, just because I think it is. Just like the CycloDS isn't the best just because some moronic fanboy claims it is.

And I wasn't trolling here, I was just pointing out a couple things. Trolling would be me saying the R4 sucks, and the CycloDS is the best...or vice versa. Which I never stated, since I know both statements are false. Why don't you, the R4 user(see how I too can be ignorant and assume that you're an R4 user, just like you assumed I was a CycloDS user? Which I have no idea if you are or you aren't. But since you're so offended by this thread, and the CycloDS users, plus picking out that one sentence out of my previous post, I think my assumption is right), stop whining about all the CycloDS users picking on you, and all the other R4 users. Take a couple deep breaths and relax. They're just flashcarts.

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
is not as accurate as saying that 'R4 users will defend their cart to death against random users who come to a thread to insult and troll'.

This topic's about the R4, not about how the CycloDS pwns. Why do you, CycloDS users, keep playing with your awesome cart instead of trolling here?

Yeah, I guess that's half right. But even you have to admit, there are a lot of fanboys in this thread - both R4 and CycloDS. Yeah the CycloDS fanboys did start the arguing, and that was lame and childish. But it's naive for the R4 fanboys to keep thinking that the R4 is still better than any other flashcart out on the market. It may have been at one time, but it's no longer.

I don't think anyone said the R4 is better. They can both play all games so they're the same in my book.

Yeah...they're flashcarts. No need to get so worked up guys. Including you h8uthemost

Talaria

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Just came back from a English exam and saw this and was like "It must be my lucky day" then started reading it. Not a disapointment, just wasn't expecting it to be this low in features for such an update to take sooo long to be released.
dry.gif

camx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
people didn't even whine this much about supercard, which even after dozens of updates still never achieved the goal of it's original purpose, to play GBA games. yeah, R4 team suck!!!!

PanzerWF

Trophies
Website
zetta.l4rge.com
XP
Country
Canada
Aw.

I thought this would keep the R4ers satisfied. Who would have guessed fixing one thing counts as an update lol.

Now the question is.. Will anything important happen before Xmas? *dun dun dun*

SineWaveAu7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Summary of feedback:
Positives - "Yeah, I appreciate what the R4 team have done. They've fixed a compatibility issue."
Negatives - "I have no concept whatsoever of coding or microprocessors, and expect that if I can't learn to do something, I should not complain about things which people who do know are doing for me... But I will complain because I am a douchebag."

Coming from an embedded systems, microprocessor and portable systems background (electronics engineer) in 68k, ARM, x86, FPGA, AVR and PIC, what you think is such a simple fix as the ARM7 fix might have been quite complex to implement. It's easy to use the tool on your PC, which has plenty of RAM and processing power, but to develop an on the fly fix for the R4's proc and the ARM7/9 procs in the DS Could possibly be hampered by the fact that A) The processors and RAM in the DS were only designed to handle just the game, so likely processing is done by R4's proc. B) RAM is a valueable commodity in embedded/portable systems, get the RAM handling for extra implemented processes right and you won't waste any, which would cause game slowdown. PC apps these days are the worst in terms of memory handling.
tongue.gif

Unless you can read ARM7/9 opcode in your sleep, don't diss what you don't know, brutha... for real!
tongue.gif

- Adam

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was really excited to see that on the front page, the new R4DS Firmware, v1.12, was finally released! My eye then immediately caught the "Don't get too excited"

I looked down and saw the the only change was the fix for Worms: Open Warfare 2

I'm disappointed. They didn't add anything else during these 4 months except a fix for this one game. I don't know why they could've at least added more features to this new Firmware in a 4 month's amount of time.

One thing is, I really hope the R4 team is just teasing us with this update.
tongue.gif

@CycloDS Fanboys

Why don't you shut up about the R4 when you can enjoy discussing about the CycloDS? The R4 is cheap, and effective at what it does (Play ROMs) And I don't believe anybody ever trolled in a CycloDS Thread.

Anyways... I'm still satisfied that they've released another update, but I hope v1.13 comes soon.

~Nero

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual +1