R4DS Gold Plus helb ;_;

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by StruttingPhil, Sep 4, 2012.

Sep 4, 2012
  1. StruttingPhil
    OP

Newcomer StruttingPhil Advanced Member

United States
    I was wondering if there was anyway to emulate GBA games on a DSi/XL/3DS, I tend to use Lameboy for running GB/GBC games, but I can't find an emulator for GBA games ;_;

Also, is it possible to, well, kinda run somethin like any of the 4th gen Pokemon games like Platinum and have connection bonuses with a 3rd gen game like FireRed on a DSi/3DS?

Pls helb mea

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    There's no way to run GBA games natively on slot-1. There's two main choices for emulation.

1 - A slot-1 cart with it's own special hardware for emulation, like the DSTwo.

2 - The standard GBA emulator, but it doesn't run many games (it doesn't run Emerald for example) and it has no sound.

3. StruttingPhil
    OP

United States
    Id likely end up running all of my GBA games on a EZFlash IV, but I don't know how to specify what game to link from slot 1 to slot 2, for example, when migrating stuff from a 3rd gen game to a 4th gen. I guess I kinda just need to know if it is possible to do this.

4. Rydian

United States
    The DSi, DSi XL, 3DS, and 3DS XL do not have a slot-2... they have no GBA slot so GBA hardware will not run. That's why my post focused on newer emulation methods.

5. StruttingPhil
    OP

United States
    Das nut really my question, although, I did forget to say that is wat I would do if I was using my DS Lite (I have 2 Lites, a DSi and a DSi XL)

I'm just wondering if it is possible to put gba files on an R4, not run them, but make them act as if there was a real cart in slot 2 so that you could run the connection bonuses even if it was on a DSi or 3DS.

I think Ill also get a DSTwo card sometime, and then can emulate gba games right? Because I'd do some pretty badshit insane stuff with it. And do you know of a prograb that would let you create cheat database files, .dat? I really need to make some custom files because I have some really gud codes.

6. Rydian

United States
    http://eng.supercard.sc/manual/dstwo/faq.htm
    The DSTwo has a GBA ROM link function, dunno' about other carts.

Yes the DSTwo can emulate GBA, but it's not perfect.

As for cheat databases, r4cce is what's used. Do note that most codes you'll find out there are already in the main cheat database.
    http://files-ds-scene.net/romtool/releases/cmp/CMP_USRcheat.rar