Gagarin

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I love my R4DS but the only thing I hate about it is that it doesn't take cards bigger than 2 GB (I have a lot of data:))
Is there a card just like r4ds (quality, cheat.dat file support) that takes SD > 2GB?
I tried Supercard but I don't like it becouse it is slow and doesn'r support chead.dat file.

SleepingDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use a 8GB microsdhc in my Cyclo DS Evo and it works great. I have plenty of room for about 100 Roms, 40 mp3s, and 10 Stargate SG-1 episodes in .dpg format. Everything works great and runs flawlessly. I'd highly recommend it

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Gagarin said:
I love my R4DS but the only thing I hate about it is that it doesn't take cards bigger than 2 GB (I have a lot of data:))
Is there a card just like r4ds (quality, cheat.dat file support) that takes SD > 2GB?
I tried Supercard but I don't like it becouse it is slow and doesn'r support chead.dat file.
Only the R4DS supports the cheat.dat file, its an encrypted cheat file made just for the R4DS while other flashcards have their own cheat formats. Almost every flashcard supports cheats, and most support them much better than the R4DS. Cheat support in the R4DS is buggy, it doesn't support all cheats and even cut some cheats off, making them unusable with some games. Also just about any flashcard except the R4DS and its clones support MicroSD cards greater than 2 gigs.

The R4DS is a decent, sturdy flashcard, but its dated. Theres much better flashcards out there for the same price or cheaper than an R4DS.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Gagarin said:
You could use the DSTTMenu or YasuMenu on your SuperCard. These are a lot faster, and should support cheat.dat.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Gagarin said:
Thanks guys. I just order AK2 and hopefully I will be satisfied with it.
By the way, if you need cheats for the R4DS, Supercard, or Acekard, check my signature
smile.gif

Unchi-san

Unchi on a stick! yay~
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gagarin said:
Thanks guys. I just order AK2 and hopefully I will be satisfied with it.

you should be very happy with it. AK2 seems to be the go-to budget card that not only is super cheap, but also has one of the nicest and fastest GUI using the bliss loader.

Gagarin

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thnx a lot! Can't wait to get it!
I'll give my Supercard to my girlfriend, she needs less then five games and she doesn't cheat.... in games and on me, I hope
smile.gif

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Gagarin said:
Thnx a lot! Can't wait to get it!
I'll give my Supercard to my girlfriend, she needs less then five games and she doesn't cheat.... in games and on me, I hope
smile.gif
Actually, the Supercard is a really good card, the official firmware is slow, but there are several custom ones as you can see here
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=758...45&start=45
Which are much faster and also the custom firmware supports the same cheat.dat files that the R4DS uses.

Edit: Fixed the link

You can basically find all the information you need in the Supercard forum.
smile.gif

Gagarin

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Gagarin said:
DSTT 1.10 = http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=2134
SCDS1 v3 sp3 = http://eng.supercard.cn/download/DSone_SDHC_V3.0_sp3_eng.rar
YSmenu = http://home.usay.jp/pc/etc/nds/
bliss bootloader = http://bliss.hanirc.org/blog/2008/03/24/bo...card-dsone-sdhc

So what do I need to download and how to update it
huh.gif

Sorry for being a rookie....
The Supercard has about 3-4 different firmwares, you should try them and see which one you like the most. I suggest trying Bliss and YSMeni. Instructions should be in the zip and in the Supercard forum.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States

Gagarin

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok. So I downloaded both - Bliss and YSmenu but I don't know how to implement both of them into my card. I tried multiple times and finally I gave up.
Can Someone make an archive with both firmwares in seperate folders, so I can just copy them into the root of my card and finally see....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up