Hacking R4DS action replay help plese

srgates91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ahh i c lol. i downloaded the Cheat.dat file instead.. do i need the cheat.dat ile on my r4 for the cheats to work? cuz alot of ppl said to delete it..?

BKZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The R4 supports both, but don't put both the usrcheat.dar and the cheat.dat together in the system folder or some games and cheats will not appear.

srgates91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright so how do i go about putting cheats on the card? i downloaded the cheat code editor from r4ds.com and the code manager..

BKZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Uhh you don't need that. Unzip the cheat file you downloaded and open your system folder in your R4. Then just drag and drop.

srgates91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm. i dont know.. i just went down to the 1.08 cuz thats the one iv heard works the best. i had it right before the 1.18 so all my games should still work..

srgates91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
should i just wipe out the entire SD card and start from scratch? cuz i have alot of stuff on em that i already backed up on my computer..?

srgates91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do i just have to download the usrcheats.dat and put t on my SD card or is there more to it? do i need the AR code manager or the code editor from r4ds.com? if so do u think u could walk me through the steps cuz im really confused..?

sylux92

Trophies
Website
nbcustomwebsites.com
XP
Country
United States
srgates91 said:
do i just have to download the usrcheats.dat and put t on my SD card or is there more to it? do i need the AR code manager or the code editor from r4ds.com? if so do u think u could walk me through the steps cuz im really confused..?
Just put usrcheat.dat into the _system_ folder. The AR code manager is only for making your own databases for codes that aren't included in the regular database. Narins database should be up to date. Here is a tutorial if it helps: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=48969

fottenlahi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi guys im new to the site. well i will get straight to the point my problem is the same thing i have done everything to get my AR to work but it wont. i have deleted my my card and started from scratch. i have even went down to a 1.08 kernel and still it does not show my cheats or the y to activate on the bottom screen. my guess is its probably my roms. i know this site does not carry roms but if someone can kindly lead me into the right site to download my roms so my AR can work your help is greatly appreciated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Tt5J7AfCK6E?si=g4dGzOkhACLJAovM