r4crypt doesn't work! HELP!

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by ruiwen, Sep 29, 2009.

Sep 29, 2009

r4crypt doesn't work! HELP! by ruiwen at 2:00 AM (2,506 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. ruiwen
    OP

Newcomer ruiwen Newbie

Australia
    Hi! I'm a noob user to the r4 and its related software/hardware and recently I've been trouble playing new games (such as Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box). When I try to run the game on my DS both screens turn white and nothing happens. So I've tried to troubleshoot and discovered that the latest r4 firmware seemed to be outdated and an alternative firmware, YSMENU, might allow me to solve this problem. After trying to patch to the YSMenu, it turns out that r4crypt fails to work because whenever I try patch it the long way (the one where gui.bat has to be created in the same folder to encrypt manually), r4crypt comes up with the error "r4crypt.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience".

I've tried restarting my computer, redownloading the file but nothing seems to work! The funny thing is, the first time I tried to change my firmware to YSMenu the r4crypt actually worked for me but then I screwed up the process (I'm a noob, I know [​IMG] ) and deleted all the files to try again, the problem started. Can anyone please help me? I'm dying to try out the sequel to Professor Layton!!!

PS. I'm pretty sure I have the real version of r4, not a clone. If that helps??? [​IMG]

2. Dr_Pie

Newcomer Dr_Pie Newbie

United Kingdom
    I'm having the exact same problem. Does anyone know of a way to solve this?

3. outgum

Member outgum Pokemanz Master

New Zealand
    Details of your R4 Cart would be appriciated, Chances of you having a real cart are VERY minimal, But if you have a particular cart i may be able to help, attach pictures if you can too [​IMG]

4. Dr_Pie

Newcomer Dr_Pie Newbie

United Kingdom
    Does whether the R4 being a clone or not really matter? It's the R4crypt program that's the problem for me, and I assume for the OP.

I'm wondering if there are any alternatives to R4crypt.

5. f3ar000

Member f3ar000 GBAtemp Regular

United States
  6. Depravo

Global Moderator Depravo Jaded curmudgeon

United Kingdom
    R4ysauto contains the r4crypt program.