Hacking R4 v3 or CycloDS?

Ringleader Kanon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
As of now, I'm still stuck with the R4DS and I'm in search of a new flashcart because my current one can't play some games I want to try out. Some games that hang/crash on me are: The World ends with You, Wacky Races, Coraline, Rune Factory, and Magical Starsign, just to name a few. I have a Kingston 8GB mSD btw.

So I'm stuck with what flashcart to buy. Do I get the R4DS v3 or CycloDS? I mainly just use my DS for games and music so I'm hoping to buy a flashcart that will solve this problem with the games. What do you guys think? (Oh and price is not an option to consider
tongue.gif
)

Link5084

Sword & Shield at your service
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You gotta be kidding me if your even thinking of buying an R4v3 over the CycloDS. Holy hell, the CycloDS is the top of the flashcart markets and beats every DS flashcart in existence right now. Don't even think about buying an R4.

blanco613

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow! no competition. cyclods the r4 v3 is a piece of crap clone and the cyclods is the best flashcart out there.

Ringleader Kanon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Whoo! I gotta say I'm not impressed with what I've seen of the r4 (maybe I haven't seen it's full potential?) But I'm really leaning towards the CycloDS. Working on a deal with Top Modders in HK. So hope that works.

Link5084

Sword & Shield at your service
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, you should get the Cyclo. Seriously, it beats out the DSTT, Acekard, G6 Lite, any flashcart you can imagine. The only bad thing about it is the price, but it's so worth it.

Kyoton

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I own an R4 and I find that I have great support. The R4 is no longer updated and should not be even considered to be purchased. Also all R4s at this point are fakes. I suggest purchasing an active card such as the DSTT or Acekard or the Edge.

sgand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyclo

I replaced all of my R4's with Cyclo's.

Posts merged

Ringleader Kanon said:
My current R4 is a clone and I know it. Which brings me to a question: Should I fear that there are cycloDS clones? I'm hopefully going to purchase the cyclo from Top Modders.

$47 shipped from RHS, which ships genuine Cyclo's. (I've never even heard of fake Cyclo's.)

wilddenim

Candy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
R4... avoid it like hell. If you can afford a good flashcart - get CycloDS. If you are on a budget, get AK2 and use AKAIO firmware. CycloDS and AK2 are very close competition than DSTT and Edge. Edge is just a clone of CycloDS so I tend to avoid clones. I've got CycloDS and AK2. Very happy with both.

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah. forget about the R4.

you could get something cheaper if you wanted though.
Cyclos are one of the best flashcarts at the moment, so its a lil pricey

the ackekard 2 or EDGE (a clone of the cyclo w/out some of its features though) are worthy carts too.

Ringleader Kanon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
(I'll have to go after this, but thanks for all the input!)

So I'm definitely getting the cycloDS (thanks again
biggrin.gif
) so now what's left is actually ordering it and getting it into my hands. I'm currently travelling and am in the Philippines, so I need to buy it from someone/somewhere that ships to this country. Anyone know of any shops? Top Modders will ship it here for $58. Trying to look for the best deal so any help is much appreciated! And again, thanks to all that replied!

wilddenim

Candy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, I live in UK but have a look at the list of shops on the GBAtemp.net front page. Dealwoot and realhotstuff.com seem to be popular choice among people living in USA.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ringleader Kanon said:
As of now, I'm still stuck with the R4DS and I'm in search of a new flashcart because my current one can't play some games I want to try out. Some games that hang/crash on me are: The World ends with You, Wacky Races, Coraline, Rune Factory, and Magical Starsign, just to name a few. I have a Kingston 8GB mSD btw.

So I'm stuck with what flashcart to buy. Do I get the R4DS v3 or CycloDS? I mainly just use my DS for games and music so I'm hoping to buy a flashcart that will solve this problem with the games. What do you guys think? (Oh and price is not an option to consider
tongue.gif
)
If TWEWY crashes, update your firmware to 1.18 or check out YSMenu.
I beat TWEWY on my R4 a few months ago.
Granted, the CycloDS is your best option (or an AceKard2), but why spend money if you don't have to?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill