R4 Ultra stuck on loading

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by XPavilion, Sep 9, 2010.

Sep 9, 2010

R4 Ultra stuck on loading by XPavilion at 4:41 AM (1,638 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. XPavilion
    OP

Newcomer XPavilion Member

Australia
    Hello GBATemp, I bought a R4 Ultra about 5/6 months ago and now its just gone caputz.
    its stuck on the infamous loading screen.
    I've reformated the sd card, tried all the different firmwares and i've even attempted YSmenu and i get no change.
    Please can someone help me, i dont want to have to fork over another $50 for a flashcart.
    I am using a DS Lite if that helps at all.
    And before i get called a noob for not looking at the other threads, i have looked at most if not all and i still have no fix :\

Please help me [​IMG]

2. Gariscus

Member Gariscus Former Team Cyclops Mod

Australia
    $50? [​IMG]

You can buy an R4(not compatible with micro SDs larger than 2GB or DSi) thats compatible with Wood R4* from here for $6: http://shoptemp.com/products/R4-DS-Revolut...-Lite-p-29.html

You can buy an Acekard 2i(compatible with the DSi, micro SD HC, the AKAIO firmware is compatible with this cart**) from here for $15: http://shoptemp.com/products/Acekard-2i-Ca...e-DSi-p-30.html

Or for $35 the Supercard DSTWO(compatible with the DSi, has its own CPU that allows it to emulate GBA games(and soon SNES) and in the future run more powerful homebrew applications than other carts).

*a great unofficial firmware, regularly updated

**basically the same as Wood R4 but has several more features

3. dilav

Member dilav GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Yes, I'd just get a new one... one of those three that Gariscus mentioned. They are all good cards with their unofficial firmware. R4 does not work on SDHC cards (Most card bigger than 2GB).

I had the same issue with my friends R4 clone. But the issue came when I attempted to install YSmenu and it did not work, and did not work with the original firmware. Not sure if there is some kind of fix tho.

4. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    Same here, just get a new cart...an R4 original with Wood will run you only $6. If you paid $50 for an R4 Ultra, then you got seriously ripped off.

5. AcekardFan

Member AcekardFan GBAtemp Regular

United States
    In My Opinion Get Supercard Dstwo Only 35 Supports Snes,Gba,Ds games and maybe more and real time saves it's a good deal