R4 to AK2, save files refuse to work

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by BPShirase, Feb 23, 2010.

Feb 23, 2010
  1. BPShirase
    OP

Newcomer BPShirase Newbie

United States
    As the topic says, I have very recently bought an Acekard 2 with plans to upgrade from my R4. Upon installation of the firmware/loader and copying my games and saves, I soon realized that whenever I would try to load my save files, the screen would turn black and say it could not read the save file. I have since tried many things such as reformatting my SD with Panasonic, renaming them to .nds.sav, making sure .sav wasn't capitalized, and converting my saves all to no avail. At the moment, I have my system options set to read .sav files and whenever I try to load a save the game freezes. If I try to soft-reset out of it I only get a white screen.

I am using AKAIO 1.5.1 and Windows 7.

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    How exactly did you convert them? Please be detailed.

3. bdr9

Member bdr9 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Mine worked just fine and I didn't have to convert them at all. I figured I wouldn't since they were both .sav extensions.

4. BPShirase
    OP

United States
    I converted them using Shun's converter. I tried converting to and from different formats. I tested all of the renaming, etc with the original R4 .sav

5. jurassicplayer

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    Completely off topic but BPShirase, your name rocks (if it is referring to the anime I'm thinking of) xD.

6. BPShirase
    OP

United States
    Completely off topic reply, but thanks! It is most definitely a reference to that anime. Its actually my favorite anime.

7. Hakoda

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Sounds like your smart and your old sav's were installed correctly. I had an M3 DS Simply which used the same save system as an R4, worked fine without converting.

So what's going wrong here? Your Acekard 2 is part of a bad batch which has an sav bug. Return to your seller demanding a replacement.

8. BPShirase
    OP

United States
    Darn. Well, that seems like my luck so its probably true. Good thing I didn't get rid of my R4 yet. Thanks for the help!