Hacking R4 to AK2, save files refuse to work

BPShirase

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As the topic says, I have very recently bought an Acekard 2 with plans to upgrade from my R4. Upon installation of the firmware/loader and copying my games and saves, I soon realized that whenever I would try to load my save files, the screen would turn black and say it could not read the save file. I have since tried many things such as reformatting my SD with Panasonic, renaming them to .nds.sav, making sure .sav wasn't capitalized, and converting my saves all to no avail. At the moment, I have my system options set to read .sav files and whenever I try to load a save the game freezes. If I try to soft-reset out of it I only get a white screen.

I am using AKAIO 1.5.1 and Windows 7.

bdr9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine worked just fine and I didn't have to convert them at all. I figured I wouldn't since they were both .sav extensions.

BPShirase

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I converted them using Shun's converter. I tried converting to and from different formats. I tested all of the renaming, etc with the original R4 .sav

BPShirase

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Completely off topic reply, but thanks! It is most definitely a reference to that anime. Its actually my favorite anime.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like your smart and your old sav's were installed correctly. I had an M3 DS Simply which used the same save system as an R4, worked fine without converting.

So what's going wrong here? Your Acekard 2 is part of a bad batch which has an sav bug. Return to your seller demanding a replacement.

BPShirase

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Darn. Well, that seems like my luck so its probably true. Good thing I didn't get rid of my R4 yet. Thanks for the help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E