Homebrew R4 Stage2 TWL Flashcart Launcher(and perhaps other cards soon™)....

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
This may be the ultimate replacement to all stage2/stage3 launchers:

https://github.com/ApacheThunder/NTR_Launcher/releases/tag/1.8

Users reported Cyclo DS, DSTwo, Original R4, DSTT, and AceKard2i working with this. I have personally tested a DS-Xtreme on this as well and that card works too. If a DS-Xtreme is bootable with this, there's a high chance that almost all the flashcarts are bootable now.

Best part is that dev launcher patch is not needed to use this anymore! :D

Just need more people to try it out to be sure. Have not gotten word yet on R4 SDHC clone compatibility.

I'll be happy to try this out with an EZ Flash Vi.

I have a N3DSXL with A9LH and the latest Luma.

Do I need anything else in particular? What should I do?

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I'll be happy to try this out with an EZ Flash Vi.

I have a N3DSXL with A9LH and the latest Luma.

Do I need anything else in particular? What should I do?

Nothing special. Assuming you are using sysnand for everything (since what self respecting Kernel9LoaderHax user still uses emunand in this day and age? :P ) you just install NTR Launcher to sysnand, pop your card in, and boot NTR Launcher. :D

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Nothing special. Assuming you are using sysnand for everything (since what self respecting Kernel9LoaderHax user still uses emunand in this day and age? :P ) you just install NTR Launcher to sysnand, pop your card in, and boot NTR Launcher. :D

No luck with EZ Flash Vi. I get the DS health warning screen, then just a black screen like I would without using the launcher.

Any possibility the EZ Flash Vi will be launchable in the future do you think? Or any tweaks I can try with this version?

Last edited by regnad,

Apache Thunder

OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Hmm not sure why EZ Flash still fails. Seems maybe an issue with your firmware on the card? It black screens so that means it boots it, but the card itself fails to continue. (if it hung on card init the screen would remain white)

Did you try the alt build of NTR Launcher or the normal one. Switch to the other build and see if it works then.

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
No luck with EZ Flash Vi. I get the DS health warning screen, then just a black screen like I would without using the launcher.

Any possibility the EZ Flash Vi will be launchable in the future do you think? Or any tweaks I can try with this version?

The EZF firmware? It's the most recent (final) one. It works fine on my Japanese DSi, which is on the final firmware..

I'll try the alt build. I also have an O3DS (same set up though) and I'll try it on that right now.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The EZF Vi works on the O3DS, but not the N3DSXL.

What do you think?

Both systems are A9LH/SysNAND/latest FW/latestLuma. I tried both the release and alt builds on the N3DSXL.

I compared Luma settings, and the only difference is the clock setting, which I changed to off.

After doing this, instead of the black screen, it says that the EZ Flash kernel can't be found.

Keep in mind this same card loads just fine in the O3DS.

I'm stumped.

Okay, MORE bad news! Even though the card launches on the O3DS, it seems some games launch on and some don't.

For example Animal Crossing Wild World launches every time, But Dragon Quest 5 fails.

Apache Thunder

OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Okay, MORE bad news! Even though the card launches on the O3DS, it seems some games launch on and some don't.

For example Animal Crossing Wild World launches every time, But Dragon Quest 5 fails.

Well considering it didn't work at all initially that's technically less bad news then before. :P

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I tested the EZF card in a DS Lite. It works fine and launches everything I tried with no problems.

Pretty much everything I've tried on the O3DS goes to a white screen except Animal Crossing. :/

The system doesn't crash. I can still hit home and go back to the home menu.

Advance Wars Dual Strike works.

I wonder why some work and some don't.

vexhash

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I've tried 1.8 NTR Launcher with EZ-Flash V on n3ds on latest firmware with a9lh and luma 6.1.2 - it works.
Just of curiosity I've also tried alt build, and it also works.
I got 2 freezes though, one after exiting to home menu from normal build and one trying to load alt build for the first time.

Last edited by vexhash,

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I've tried 1.8 NTR Launcher with EZ-Flash V on n3ds on latest firmware with a9lh and luma 6.1.2 - it works.
Just of curiosuty I've also tried alt build, and it also works.
I got 2 freezes though, one after exiting to home menu from normal build and one trying to load alt build for the first time.
I got some good news I had it working on with this CIA of yours: https://github.com/ApacheThunder/NTR_Launcher/releases/tag/1.8

Okay, okay, so it DOES work. What do you suppose I'm doing wrong then?

Just to recap: it's an EZ Flash Vi, and it works just fine in a fully updated DSi, all games run, no problems. In my fully updated Luma/A9LH O3DS it loads, but maybe 9 out of 10 games get stuck on a white screen, while that 1 out of 10 works fine. It's not random -- the ones that work always work, the ones that don't never do.

In my fully updated Luma/A9LH N3DSXL, half the time it gives me the health warning and then stops on a black screen, half the time the EZ Flash tells me there's no kernel detected.

With both 3DSs it never completely freezes. I can always back out with the home button.

I reformatted the SD in the EZ Flash with guiformatter just to be sure, and I also tried a different SD card, but these things changed nothing. I also tried to upgrade the EZF firmware, but as I suspected it's already on 108a and it told me I don't need to upgrade.

I have the same results with the release launcher and the alt version.

Any ideas? Any suggestions for something to try?

Are both of you using a Vi or just a V? Is it on the final kernel release?

Last edited by regnad,

zaveion

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Okay, okay, so it DOES work. What do you suppose I'm doing wrong then?

Just to recap: it's an EZ Flash Vi, and it works just fine in a fully updated DSi, all games run, no problems. In my fully updated Luma/A9LH O3DS it loads, but maybe 9 out of 10 games get stuck on a white screen, while that 1 out of 10 works fine. It's not random -- the ones that work always work, the ones that don't never do.

In my fully updated Luma/A9LH N3DSXL, half the time it gives me the health warning and then stops on a black screen, half the time the EZ Flash tells me there's no kernel detected.

With both 3DSs it never completely freezes. I can always back out with the home button.

I reformatted the SD in the EZ Flash with guiformatter just to be sure, and I also tried a different SD card, but these things changed nothing. I also tried to upgrade the EZF firmware, but as I suspected it's already on 108a and it told me I don't need to upgrade.

I have the same results with the release launcher and the alt version.

Any ideas? Any suggestions for something to try?

Are both of you using a Vi or just a V? Is it on the final kernel release?

im using the latest firmware of my R4 card. The card I own is a R4I upgrade revolution for ds v1.4.1 WIFI (firmware: http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/downloade.asp). All my nds games seem to work fine. So I don't think I can help you sorry.

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Oh, okay. I thought, since you were responding to Apache Thunder responding to me that you were talking about an EZ Flash Vi :(

TaintedByte

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Users reported Cyclo DS, DSTwo, Original R4, DSTT, and AceKard2i working with this. I have personally tested a DS-Xtreme on this as well and that card works too. If a DS-Xtreme is bootable with this, there's a high chance that almost all the flashcarts are bootable now.

Just need more people to try it out to be sure. Have not gotten word yet on R4 SDHC clone compatibility.

I can confirm CycloDS Evolution FINALLY WORKS!
Thank you @Apache Thunder

First of all wow, great job on this tool, I remember doing some tests for the CycloDS in the earlier days of this and am amazed how far this has come. Awesome job!

That being said, I just tried on my CycloDS Evolution and am stuck on a blank screen after the NDS splash screen. Hopefully I'm doing something wrong and its a one off thing but wanted to report it anyway.

EDIT: Well it seems like it works but only if the cartridge is inserted after launching the loader when the NDS screen says to insert a cartridge to continue. Weird but idc, totally worth it! Thanks for this!

Last edited by TaintedByte,
D

Deleted User

Flashed the oldest non-working firmware I could find for my AK2i, working perfectly. Definitely hoping we get this integrated into home so we can see the AK2i Cartridge splash.

Edit: For reference I flashed v1.41 using a DSL here: http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Updating_the_AK2i_Bootloader#Downgrading_the_Bootloader

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Juan who?