Homebrew R4 Stage2 TWL Flashcart Launcher(and perhaps other cards soon™)....

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Based on the lack of info, I assumed this was the case but hoped for the best.

Not a big deal, just would have been cool. Thanks for the reply.

like @ZephyrAbyss just mentioned, Acekard 2i works just fine on Luma
all you need to do is run it like any DS cart, no launchers needed.
If you want to speed up the Acekard 2i bootup, you can flash the older Acekard 2i firmware for 3DS 3.0, this is because 4.0 and up until it got blocked on 4.4 needed some extra steps to work so it takes a bit longer to get to the rom selection menu.

Last edited by driverdis, , Reason: fixed version mistake

cbxero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Acekard 2i runs fine without doing anything on Luma.
like @ZephyrAbyss just mentioned, Acekard 2i works just fine on Luma
all you need to do is run it like any DS cart, no launchers needed.
If you want to speed up the Acekard 2i bootup, you can flash the older Acekard 2i firmware for 3DS 3.0, this is because 4.0 and up until it got blocked on 4.3 needed some extra steps to work so it takes a bit longer to get to the rom selection menu.

So my problem is likely that my cards firmware isn't being recognized? Likely because it's outdated?

ZephyrAbyss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Based on the lack of info, I assumed this was the case but hoped for the best.

Not a big deal, just would have been cool. Thanks for the reply.

EDIT

What? I put the card in and nothing happens. The cartridge icon stays white. Note this isn't a "3ds compatible", all it says is Acekard 2i, DSi compatible.
I believe you just have to update the bootloader on it to make it work. Here is the link to do that. http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Updating_the_AK2i_Bootloader

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Beautiful, I'll give that a try later. Thank you very much.
use this firmware, you will need an older DS or the stage2 launcher to boot the card to run this
ak2ifw_update_dsi-v1.43_3ds-v3.0
using this over the v4.0 version will speed up loading by a lot.

EDIT: 1.44 links down, use the DSi 1.43 one, I updated the link

Last edited by driverdis,

cbxero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
use this firmware, you will need an older DS or the stage2 launcher to boot the card to run this
ak2ifw_update_dsi-v1.44_3ds-v3.0
using this over the v4.0 version will speed up loading by a lot.

Ok, now I'm back to square one. My old DS is gone, so which version of the stage2 launcher should I be using to boot this card? I assume if I can boot it once and update it, then it will work normally from then on?

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Exphen

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello guys, i have a M3Real and a R4 Revolution for NDS and i can't get it to work on my 3DS CFW Luma3ds (Sys 9.2.0 & EmuNAND 11.0.0-33E) i have installed the required files from the first post, WoodM3 on my M3Real etc. Do i need to install a TWL FIRM or something ? I tried to inform myself about that but that's a lot for me, can you guys please help me ? Or give me a simple tutorial for that ? Or should i buy a R4i Gold 3DS RTS because it might be more practical, correct me if i'm wrong please. I am sort of a newbie on 3ds hacking, it's only two months since i hacked mine so.... Also sorry for my terrible english.

Last edited by Exphen,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys, i have a M3Real and a R4 Revolution for NDS and i can't get it to work on my 3DS CFW Luma3ds (Sys 9.2.0 & EmuNAND 11.0.0-33E) i have installed the required files from the first post, WoodM3 on my M3Real etc. Do i need to install a TWL FIRM or something ? I tried to inform myself about that but that's a lot for me, can you guys please help me ? Or give me a simple tutorial for that ? Or should i buy a R4i Gold 3DS RTS because it might be more practical, correct me if i'm wrong please. I am sort of a newbie on 3ds hacking, it's only two months since i hacked mine so.... Sorry for my terrible english also.
Did you also install the CIA(s) to sysNAND?

Exphen

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Nope, how can i do that ? In FBI ? I have nothing installed on my SysNAND actually. Everything is on my EmuNAND.

Exphen

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm pretty sure you just have to be in SysNAND, not EmuNAND. Enter your System Settings and exit; that always did it for me.
So i just need to install the .CIAs into my SysNAND ? Nothing to do with the TWL FIRM ? Damn i have no app on my SysNAND, i can access the homebrew launcher in my EmuNAND only :/ now i don't know how to do that, is there a way with Bigbluemenu/DevMenu/FBI to install them directly to SysNAND ?

Victorum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm sorry I haven't got the patience to parse all the "DSTWO" relating posts on this thread, so I hope my question won't have been answered a thousand times :P
I have a DSTWO that works perfectly on my DSi, can run games, etc... but when inserted into my O3DS, it always throw me the "An error has occured" screen. What kind of patch have I got to apply? (also, doesn't Luma3DS patch automatically TWL_firm? I am a bit lost...)
Thank you! :)

Edit: TWL Slot-1 Launcher doesn't help, still getting the error screen :(

Last edited by Victorum,

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Apache Thunder
I too am trying to download the file for my DSTWO and DSTWO+. I would love to help test this, but the link provided in an earlier post doesn't download anything. It only load a page. Having both an o3DS and a n3DS XL with Luma 3DS and A9HL, I can easily test it on both without too much to worry about. And maybe some clear instructions for the entire process included? I'm having trouble rummaging through all the posts to find the instructions.

Exphen

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Inject FBI to H&S to sysNAND using Decrypt9.
Okay done, i have installed the .CIAs but now since my linkers are really old that's really hard to get them to work because the pins on the back of the cartridge are a little waste... Even on my DSLite i need to do like 50 resets to make a card work. So here's my question, i'd like to buy a R4i Gold 3DS RTS for play DS games, do you guys think it's better ? It's cheap and it seems to work like a charm so.... Dunno.

HighMans

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a few questions regarding this launcher and running it with this cart with the latest version of the DSTT non-official kernel from here.

1. I can run the game without using the launcher -- should I still be using the launcher? I'm on a9lh with the latest version of luma.

2. If I use the launcher, I can't seem to launch Ni No Kuni DS (with AP patch on, DMA Off, Reset Off, etc.) but if I just run the cart, it loads perfectly. Why is that?

Elratauru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
So, I have a R4i 3DS (From R4ids.cn) that is recognized as Metroid Prime Hunters Demo and is labeled C on the back... I tried a few of these launchers and none seems to work.
The only one that does, gives me 3 icons on a black background.

What am I doing wrong?

AkGBA

Nope
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So, I have a R4i 3DS (From R4ids.cn) that is recognized as Metroid Prime Hunters Demo and is labeled C on the back... I tried a few of these launchers and none seems to work.
The only one that does, gives me 3 icons on a black background.

What am I doing wrong?

WHat you're doing wrong is using these launchers with your 3ds compatible flashcart. Unnecessary.
You should have to use a loader with a R4i 3DS.
What CFW do you use ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU